Nitpick: Neck is the same as cape

Same here, most of the capes I've found are just cosmetic so far but I like seeing my party wearing them :p It's a little disappointing to have to remove them to equip an amulet or something which has stats/effects etc :(

Suggestion time

Neck slot: This is what we have now. Works exactly the same.

Additional Cosmetic Neck slot - If an item is in the slot, it will be displayed on the character's avatar in preference to the above. No stats from the cosmetic item are ever used.

Awesome Results:

• People who want visible cloaks can use them with a necklace item.
  • People who want no cloaks (or hate the look of Cloak X) can hide them by equipping a trash necklace or different cloak in the cosmetic slot while keeping bonuses from the cloak.
  • The amazing, astonishing Obsidian Order cloak can be displayed without gimping your character.
Edited by Hogfather
  • Like 2

Hogfather have the right if it. Devs, take notice.

It would be great to be able to wear a cloak even as just a cosmetic item.

From a RP point of view, everyone knows that it is somewhat obligatory for every serious fantasy adventurer to wear a cloak. How will the dragons take you seriously if you show up to slay them without your trusty cloak equiped?

Linux

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Well, what if Obsidian just thinks that capes look dumb and weird, and they don't want to make folks gimp their character if they don't want to go around looking like

?  Did you think about that?!

A cape is just an amulet that has gotten too big for its britches and has to be worn backwards.  ;)

Well, what if Obsidian just thinks that capes look dumb and weird, and they don't want to make folks gimp their character if they don't want to go around looking like

?  Did you think about that?!

Hey, that man looks pretty good in that cape.

• Like 1

If I'm typing in red, it means I'm being sarcastic. But not this time.

Dark green, on the other hand, is for jokes and irony in general.