Nitpick: Neck is the same as cape

It is not an oversight, but a deliberately made choice. Not that I disagree with you, but it is what it is. I have no idea if the game actually broke if people could wear amulets and cloaks simultaneously, but given how the game prunes bonuses that overlap... Probably not.

• Like 1

Would like the option for both items to be equipped, largely because few of my party members end up with capes due to me seeming to find better neck items.

I'd rather have them all in capes, since, of course adventurers are going to have capes on.

• Like 1

"Now to find a home for my other staff."
My Project Eternity Interview with Adam Brennecke

An amulet, cape, ten rings, ten toe rings, another ring someplace else, earrings, eyebrow studs, gold teeth, tattoos, subdermal implants...

You gotta draw the line somewhere.

The IE line works well for me. Which is pretty much identical to PoE, except for the combining of the cloak slot and amulet slot.

Of course, the grimoire slot and the pet slot are new.

"Now to find a home for my other staff."
My Project Eternity Interview with Adam Brennecke

It's a silly design decision that has to have been done because of 'engine limitations'. Surely, having a cape and a necklace wouldn't be unbalancing. I udnerstand not having 10 rings as that is silly to begin with. L0L Just one of many WTF decisions for an otherwise decent game.

• Like 1

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

An amulet, cape, ten rings, ten toe rings, another ring someplace else, earrings, eyebrow studs, gold teeth, tattoos, subdermal implants...

You gotta draw the line somewhere.

This is true. You do have to draw the line somewhere. But it just feels really odd to draw that line at two different items. Limited to one ring per hand? Sure, just to avoid the ridiculousness of 10 rings. But Cloak overlapping with Necklace? Eh.. can't see why.

It's going to be arbitrary either way, there's no real "objective case" to be made here, but it doesn't sit well with a lot of us.

• Like 1

t50aJUd.jpg

My sense is that they just wanted to portray both as a "neck" slot, since most cloaks do clasp around the neck.

It's pretty arbitrary, but then again, so is the other way. I could live with cloaks being strictly cosmetic, though - it would let me keep on my backer cloak, and keep Eder with his Eothasian cloak. I'd like that.

• Like 2

If I'm typing in red, it means I'm being sarcastic. But not this time.

Dark green, on the other hand, is for jokes and irony in general.

Definitely the oddest item-choice.

Dungeon Siege had 4 rings IIRC, which was kinda cool. But as expected, rings generally gave tinier bonusses to compensate for it's slots.

I would be all for splitting them, as I also think there are few good cloaks but plenty of good necklaces.

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

Since properties from items don't stack, I don't see why there aren't separate slots, although I guess you might be able to powergame some separate properties, causing the downfall of civilization as we know it, degenerative gameplay, and general anarchy. But yeah, I'd like to see separate slots as well.

It's going to be arbitrary either way, there's no real "objective case" to be made here, but it doesn't sit well with a lot of us.

I guess if there's any objective angle at all, it's that the IE games had separate slots, so...

My sense is that they just wanted to portray both as a "neck" slot, since most cloaks do clasp around the neck.

It's pretty arbitrary, but then again, so is the other way. I could live with cloaks being strictly cosmetic, though - it would let me keep on my backer cloak, and keep Eder with his Eothasian cloak. I'd like that.

This. It probably had less to do with engine imitations and more to do with GUI space.

"Wizards do not need to be The Dudes Who Can AoE Nuke You and Gish and Take as Many Hits as a Fighter and Make all Skills Irrelevant Because Magic."

-Josh Sawyer

It's not like they need a pet slot, wasted space on all other characters.

GUI space would be the silliest of reasons IMO.

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

Just my thoughts...

...add "show cape" option to the settings and delete necklaces from the game (since both necklaces and capes replaces each other/occupy same slot).

In addition add "show helm" option as well as some helms are really ugly.