Missing Tiny Obsidian Wurm

JamesX

Question

I just read about this on the Strategy Guide.

I am a Kickstarter backer and I activated the game on Steam with the Code I gotten via the Pillars of Eternity website.

I have the kickstater achievement

But when I start the game I only have the Space Pig and Obsidian Order Cloak.

12 answers to this question

I backed for $60 (+$10 for Prima Guide) and have the black dragon pet. Make sure you have all DLC downloaded and try starting a new game. He should appear as an item in your inventory along with the ring Gaen's Blessing.

I have all the DLCs (AFAIK)

qAfae0J.png

No idea why the pet is now showing up.  I assume the "Backer Item and Achievement" is the one that would give me the Pet?

Is it because I have the space piglet for pre-order and it is overriding the Obsidian Wurm?

As a backer when you start a new game you should have 4 items in your inventory:

75eBvkNm.jpg

Kickstarter bonus: cloak + wurm

Pre-order bonus: gaun's pledge (ring) + blue pig

Is the ring missing too?

Edited by Suen

I've come to burn your kingdom down

I have all the DLCs (AFAIK)

qAfae0J.png

No idea why the pet is now showing up.  I assume the "Backer Item and Achievement" is the one that would give me the Pet?

Is it because I have the space piglet for pre-order and it is overriding the Obsidian Wurm?

You are definitely missing DLC

This is my list of DLC from the $60 tier

ITiwZqB.png

Presumably the Wurm is the backer item whilst the pig is a preorder item.

Go to your order page (where you got your original code) and see if there is a seperate code for Bonus Content or something. While you're there what edition is your order listed as? For example mine is Pillars of Eternity - Kickstarter Championship Edition

Edited by Bhazor

Ah that must be the problem.

I have 2 version of the game under my products.  I must have registered the first code I saw without reading, and it was the Hero Edition.

Oh well.  Thanks for all the help everyone.

Now that you gave me the tip I checked my products page here on PE website for additional keys: only the steam key for my backer hero edition was there.

Maybe the wurm is not included in that edition for backers (I recieved only the cloak of obsidian order, the bracelet and the space piglet).

Need confirmation for that.

I believe the wurm was for $50+ tier backers, just as information.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Hey,

So I got this kickstarter DLC installed. My original character from years back has the tiny obsidian wurm, it even shows when I load a previous save. BUT there is no wurm when I start a new game.

What gives?

It would be of small avail to talk of magic in the air...