When should I enchant?

I'm about 22 hours into the game and just started Act II. When should I enchant? I have this irrational belief that I should wait until as late in the game as possible to enchant because what would be the point if I find better gear along the way anyways? Then I'll just want to enchant that and the supplies/money that went into the previous enchantments are worthless.

Thanks,

Albion

No need to wait, just enchant whenever you get the materials. You'll have more than enough of most materials -- I made some spirit-slaying stuff and an alternate beast-slaying set etc.

The only caveat -- I've only found a couple of sapphires.

DID YOU KNOW: *Missing String*

I was wondering about this, too. I started enchanting during Act II, with the consequence that many of my enchanted items had better stats than the special items I could find or buy later on. It bothers me a little bit, because the enchanted items don't have cool names or lore. I can't decide whether it's nice to be able to enchant things right away, or it's a bummer that by the time you save up for that awesome bow, it's not so awesome anymore.

Fun fact: I kept some weapons found in Act 1 all the way to the final battle.

Most enchanting supplies aren't that hard to come by, so go ahead and enchant the interesting weapons you find. Money also will stop being a problem halfway through Act 2 (which ties into enchaning, since some ingredients can be bought).

I was wondering about this, too. I started enchanting during Act II, with the consequence that many of my enchanted items had better stats than the special items I could find or buy later on. It bothers me a little bit, because the enchanted items don't have cool names or lore. I can't decide whether it's nice to be able to enchant things right away, or it's a bummer that by the time you save up for that awesome bow, it's not so awesome anymore.

You can further enchant unique items...

If you find a great weapon mod like "restores endurance" and/or increases speed, that weapon might be worth enchanting to superb quality and hanging onto for the entire game.

• Like 1

"Now to find a home for my other staff."
My Project Eternity Interview with Adam Brennecke

I'm about 22 hours into the game and just started Act II. When should I enchant? I have this irrational belief that I should wait until as late in the game as possible to enchant because what would be the point if I find better gear along the way anyways? Then I'll just want to enchant that and the supplies/money that went into the previous enchantments are worthless.

Thanks,

Albion

There are a lot of early weapons with unique enchantments that are great.  I absolutely took Eder's Saint's War armor all the way up the quality scale because Second Chance is an awesome enchantment (it went on Pallegina though).