Enervating blows might work well with high accuracy weapons so that you can set up force of anguish better once the target has been debuffed.  Plus if you are running 6 monks it's bound to work sometimes even with base accuracy builds.

Edited by Climhazzard

Nope, no data.  I'm not a particular fan of it, just less buttons to press.  Although I've run into plenty of high fort trash mobs on PotD and the -20 is going to get a lot more prone crits from FoA.

I have no experience with Clarity of Agony because I hate per rest abilities.  I should say hated, since I've come to understand the frequency of resting required in solo.

1. I'm on Hard atm exactly because PotD makes many abilities useless due to too high defenses which is just not fun, and I don't want to have 2 characters doing debuffs and buffs just so that 1 character can do what it's supposed to do in the first place.

I was about to say the same thing though before I saw your reply - that -20 fort might result in more crits, and not only that, but in this case -2 speed is not irrelevant because the enemy will be slow to return to the battle once prone ends. Still, I need to see just how often I crit because I don't want to end up with chanter-like ability which I gain when most of the battle is over.

2. In this case per-rest doesn't bother me because it's not something that's going to be used in normal battles. But yeah I share the sentiment, which is why I stay away from per-rest casters no matter how strong they might be, it's just not a fun mechanism. The reason I'm interested in this skill is that there are AoE's that would in balanced group target only tanks, but in my group where I have 6 people close by, in melee, enemy AoE can easily affect all 6. And that's an issue. Clarity could be good to nullify "spikes".

Either way, the jury is on. Enervating vs Clairy of Agony.