Also confusion is good :)

maybe they just need to reduce damage done from x4 to x2 or x2.5 thats all

Even if someone dies you rez and he s up and running with all the buffs he had before.

Petrify also applies the same -40 Deflection, Reflex debuff as paralyze and that's another roughly 1.5x dmg modifier for any melee/ranged attacks and some spells so expect to do about 6 times more damage compared to the normal situation.

Edited by temek

Not a big fan of this spell/trap. Sure it´s handy if you have it, though it never worked for me on the Adra-Dragon as an example. Getting stunlocked to death was not what i would describe as "fun".

Edited by cirdanx

"A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies, the man who never reads lives one."

If it was x2 damage, I think it would probably be fine. I'd still use it often but I wouldn't use it always. It would still be awesome but it wouldn't be well then, that's that.

Even x1 damage would be well then, that's that.

Well gaze its the only way to beat the adra dragon, the other way is numerous save-reloads until all the dominatings/paralizes etc will proc.

No it isnt. You can also cheese ai pathing and kill in from range without getting hit once by it.

Perma stunning/interrupting/petrifying Adrogans disagree with you.

If it was x2 damage, I think it would probably be fine. I'd still use it often but I wouldn't use it always. It would still be awesome but it wouldn't be well then, that's that.

Even x1 damage would be well then, that's that.

1x damage would be fine, it would still guarantee crits but would make those crits one shot you. Like ive said the issue is that it is a long disable, a huge debuff and is so difficult to dodge. I think you can deal with one or two of those things but all three make this spell a gamebreaker.

Well gaze its the only way to beat the adra dragon, the other way is numerous save-reloads until all the dominatings/paralizes etc will proc.

No it isnt. You can also cheese ai pathing and kill in from range without getting hit once by it.

If you pretend you are going to help the dragon, then run to the treasury the dragon and the xuatrips follow you but the adragans dont. The xuatrip skirmishers are ranged and the passage to the treasury is narrow, if you make the skirmishers follow you in the middle of the passage they block the dragon from attacking you because its large character model cant squeeze past the archers model.

This is how I soloed the dragon with my chanter on PoTD. Note you still have to kill the adragans afterwards for the encounter to end but you can pull them individually and they arent so tough by themselves if you burst them down.

Edited by Ceranai

If you pretend you are going to help the dragon, then run to the treasury the dragon and the xuatrips follow you but the adragans dont. The xuatrip skirmishers are ranged and the passage to the treasury is narrow, if you make the skirmishers follow you in the middle of the passage they block the dragon from attacking you because its large character model cant squeeze past the archers model.

This is how I soloed the dragon with my chanter on PoTD. Note you still have to kill the adragans afterwards for the encounter to end but you can pull them individually and they arent so tough by themselves if you burst them down.

Lies, agrogans still chase you to the treasury.

Besides, what makes the dragon to not use its breath? It has an awefull range, like half of the screen.

Edited by xenustehg

Lies, agrogans still chase you to the treasury.

Besides, what makes the dragon to not use its breath? It has an awefull range, like half of the screen.

2cp2mqg.jpg

I can not tell a lie :p, i did this many times and the adragans never chased me. like even after i killed the drake their agro range was pretty small, small enough that i could only pull them to the edge of the tunnel before they started losing interest

His range on breath is what makes the fight really fiddly, you have to be juuuuuust at the edge of vision with him to stop him casting it because even if he misses you he kills the archer and can then move in to closer range. This fight took forver because my wurms only had a 3/100 chance of hitting him but im sure a different class/build could do the same thing faster if they had higher accuracy. 

These are his stats on PoTD, reflexes was juuuust low enough and luckily my wurms target reflex.

919t74.jpg

Edited by Ceranai