Almost seems like their QA  need lessons from soloers ;)

Joking aside. Why they left it in game? It was surely tested more than 50 hours those who come here to rediscover the wheel have under their belt? Maybe just for those who cant overcome certain encounters so they would be able to overcome them and IF that is so, its fine because it does not need to affect anyone else who does not want.

Hope there will be future patch to fix bugs and/or add content.

Edited by knownastherat

Joking aside. Why they left it in game? It was surely tested more than 50 hours those who come here to rediscover the wheel have under their belt? Maybe just for those who cant overcome certain encounters so they would be able to overcome them and IF that is so, its fine because it does not need to affect anyone else who does not want.

As with any discussion about "why did they not catch this in Q&A?", I think it's because the game that they worked with before launch and the game we got was massively different from one another.

Even now they are still working hard on squashing new bugs that happened due to the way they reworked the game, so my mantra is: keep on playing and they'll fix it, eventually.

Last time I've checked combat log while fighting Adra dragon, petrified monsters recieve x4 damage. Thas right, quadruple. Nuff said.

I think thats part of the issue. Its a pretty long disable, I mean stone isnt exactly weaker than flesh is it?

So why do you both get disabled for ages AND get turned into a one hit wonder

Assuming you have a priest in your party doesn't it work to just "withdraw" the petrified partymember to save them if they are in danger of being gibbed under paralyze? Haven't run into much paralyze yet so I don't really know for sure...

of course if it's broken OP in the hands of the player too then that's an issue that should be addressed.

-Stigma

Assuming you have a priest in your party doesn't it work to just "withdraw" the petrified partymember to save them if they are in danger of being gibbed under paralyze? Haven't run into much paralyze yet so I don't really know for sure...

of course if it's broken OP in the hands of the player too then that's an issue that should be addressed.

-Stigma

It is broken OP, it targets forttude which most mobs have lower stats in and espesically with a full party if you land petrify it makes even the worst fight easy. I might there is a reason that most of the 'strategy' guides for high level bosses all include trying to land petrify and thats because its like turning easy mode on

Actually fortitude is the worst defence to target on average if you look through the bestiary. Fortitude is also the hardest resist to debuff by far. Druids get reflex based petrify though (it is much shorter, but you don't really need much time with it).

Edited by MadDemiurg

I just leveled up a bit before the facin the Sky Dragon and got the Gaze of Adragan. So as I was facing the dragon i though hey maybe this is a good time to test my new spell. It grazes the dragon but petrifies him (her?) for 13 secs. Fight over, dragon dead in 5 secs.

WTF?

Its the most broken spell out there. I made a thread QQing about it yesterday

Really? I thought that was Confusion. People bitch about wizards, but Confusion let me easy-mode my way through a lot of hard fights.

How can anyone in their right mind try to ship a multimillion dollar product without making absolutely sure that they don't upset all their players with a degree in Medieval English Linguistics?

Spreading plague (druid spell) debuffs will and fort by 20, no save allowed and its also available through a magic item in the Ondra's Gift Defiance Bay. Some sort of gloves which give you 3 per rest plague and 3 per rest someting else.

Anyway, maxed might/con character, especially paladin with proper talents including body control should have very little trouble with petrification. Build your characters appropriately then complain :D

Spreading plague (druid spell) debuffs will and fort by 20, no save allowed and its also available through a magic item in the Ondra's Gift Defiance Bay. Some sort of gloves which give you 3 per rest plague and 3 per rest someting else.

Anyway, maxed might/con character, especially paladin with proper talents including body control should have very little trouble with petrification. Build your characters appropriately then complain :D

Yeah, but with say paralyse you debuff reflex by 40 + 2*(target's dex) and with miasma of dull mindedness you can debuff will by 40. Overall fort debuffs are less common and not as strong. I didn't notice the no save part on plague though, that's nice.

Edited by MadDemiurg

My orlan had 18 might, 15 con, with bears fortitude was unable to dodge petrify even if they rolled a ****ty low number. Its the combination of it being hard to dodge, having a long duration and making you die in 1-3 hits that makes it broken

My orlan had 18 might, 15 con, with bears fortitude was unable to dodge petrify even if they rolled a ****ty low number. Its the combination of it being hard to dodge, having a long duration and making you die in 1-3 hits that makes it broken

Hard to dodge is not the property of petrify spells though, they have normal accuracy. It's more about mobs using it having high accuracy.

Some workarounds: have a paladin with proper build, have more people maxed on might/con, take the talents like fortitude and body control and most importantly have multiple sources of healing and resurrection.

petrify is stronk... no denying that.

It may be that fort is just a much more important save then everything else. The way the game works? meta

Im just curious how much acc do these attacks have endgame and how much fort can you get. Need a proper test for that.

Edited by MaxDamage

As someone who has yet to finish the game, I'm curious as to why there's any Save or Lose spells in Pillars at all.  I thought that one of the core differences between Pillars and tabletop was their absence.

It crops up more in higher difficulties and near the end of end endless paths. I guess its their way of making it 'harder'

Its not save or lose, resurrection scrolls are available everywhere and you can even craft them. When one or two of your chars die, its not the end of the game.

maybe you just need to adapt to the thought that fort is that much more important then everything else and maximize it. i e take paladin class, take the talents, at least two of which improve fort and fort vs petrification. max con/might. improved faith talent etc

Edited by MaxDamage

Its not save or lose, resurrection scrolls are available everywhere and you can even craft them. When one or two of your chars die, its not the end of the game.

maybe you just need to adapt to the thought that fort is that much more important then everything else and maximize it. i e take paladin class, take the talents, at least two of which improve fort and fort vs petrification. max con/might. improved faith talent etc

In rpg parlance, a spell that requires you to use a resurrection scroll is save or lose or save or die. The difference is whether it kills you instantly or gives you know way to stop the enemy from killing you in short order.

Well gaze its the only way to beat the adra dragon, the other way is numerous save-reloads until all the dominatings/paralizes etc will proc.

No it isnt. You can also cheese ai pathing and kill in from range without getting hit once by it.