I made a thing.

kvMQQTR.png

http://i.imgur.com/kvMQQTR.png

Awesome thanks for this.

OP, wizards start with clothes. Hire one at the tavern, adjust their background for the set you want, trade them some garbage armor and let them spend their days at Caed Nua, if you don't want to kill innocent people.

Edit: Is it greedy to want one for robes for comparison, now?

Edited by Onuist

Robes aren't clothes, for some odd, arbitrary reason, and they actually come with penalties. I don't want to post all the robes because I haven't finished the game yet, and if I search through the files, I'll probably run across some unique stuff I may not want to see yet.

The only reason I could do it to the clothes is because there isn't really any unique clothes. Well, actually, that's not true. There's one more set of clothes that are related to a quest, but I specifically didn't include it, for that reason.

No clothes come with enchantments.

I may do robes at some point, we'll see. :|

And just as a side note, I hate how the clothes look so different from male/female in some cases. Basic Dyrwoodan Female looks almost like a noblewoman, while the Dyrwoodan Male looks like a well-off peasant at best. Similarly, Vailian Clothes look better on women, but the fact that both of them looks a bit like clown suits annoy me. I wish there were something without the floral pattern.

And Aedyran Female looks atrocious. Yes, the Aedyran Male looks a bit silly too, but at least he's clothed. The female version looks like she's wearing a short-short toga in carnival colours. I wish she'd have a shirt and some pants on, at least. Would look more dignified and less "savage".

Overall, the only ones I like are the female Vailian, female Dyrwoodan, female Dyrwoodan Vest (which is nothing at all like a vest), male Dyrwoodan Fur, and the Ixamitl ones. And by "like" I mean that they look appropriate somehow. The ixamitl ones are ugly as sin, but well-designed (looks like some mixup of american indian and east-european folk clothing).

The only one I'd willingly wear is probably Dyrwoodan Female and Dyrwoodan Vest Female. Everything else is pretty much "Sigh.. if I must."

Edit: Also, several articles of clothing seem to have.. "fuss" or "fuzzy thing" on them that looks weird in-game. You can look at the Female Dyrwoodan Clothing, and you can see that there's a small.. red-ish.. thing going on. The same thing is going on in the Male Dyrwoodan Clothing, in the hood/cloak/scarf-thing. It looks very out of place and interferes with colours. The Male Dyrwoodan Fur also has it on it's pants, if you look closely.

Annoying as hell.

Edited by Luckmann

t50aJUd.jpg

Casters can think of armor penalties as half their value applied to overall spellcasting, so a robe is -7.5% magic speed, because recovery for spellcasting takes slightly less frames than casting.

A fast spell's routine (cast + recovery) takes about 2.23 seconds. A robe adds .16 seconds to a that, hide adds .27.

Pallegina dies because beetle's shell is 0.27 seconds slower. Would sleeves again.

Edited by Onuist

I don't see why anyone would want to wear clothing over robes... surely a 15% recovery speed penalty is worth something like "Gwisk Glas" 9DR, Grants Second Chance, +2 Might. The best you could enchant clothing would be +6 DR, +2 Attribute, +Element-Specific DR... Either way you miss out on unique armour-specific buffs that you can't get through enchanting as there are no sets of clothing in game with anything unique on them AFAIK.

Almost all of the buffs you can find which are unique on armor can be found on other slots and don't come at a 15% or higher recovery cost. There's a ring that gives +1 to 3 stats and second chance. 15% recovery speed penalty is still significant and in every case I've seen more significant than the offensive boost you can get from clothing. Even the padded armor that gives sneak attack bonus damage isnt really worth it, especially when you could instead use Glanfathan Hunting Boots which give the same bonus without the recovery penalty.

The +1 ring to 3 stats is nice with second chance, but +1 stats don't stack with +2 stats, nor do 2 x +1 stats = +2 stats so if you want +2 in a single stat, the bonuses from this ring become moot other than the second chance ability, which if built in to a unique armor stat can free up an entire slot for some other unique ability, particularly in the case of ring where unique abilities are abundant. IMO it's all about stacking as many uniques into as few a slots as possible to optimise your character. 15% recovery speed is almost negligable in this regard, particularly on a character with 20+ dex anyway (or am I wrong about this last point... which begs the question... what is the difference between recovery speed and action speed gained by dex?

The stats on the ring are fairly unimportant and on melee dps, the main party member who might want second chance, there are few rings competing for the spot. Whether or not the 15% is negligible is beside the point since the defensive gain is even more negligible on a dps character. Unless you have trouble keeping your casters alive, which is frankly very easy versus everything but teleporting mobs, there's no reason to bother with a defensive unique like second chance on a caster, and there are few to no uniques that are actually offensively relevant, especially ones that are not more useful on other spots. Something like Aloth's armor might be worth it in the early game on casters, due to their limited early game casts, but outside of that there's not much that would actually benefit caster or a melee dps, and almost certainly not more than losing the armor penalty benefits them.

Fair enough, I'll concede that second chance is not a good unique ability for a caster and nor are there many (if any) other unique abilities associated with robes that are really worth taking. That said, even if you consider the DR increase alone from fully enchanted clothing to robes... going from 6 dr (clothing) to 9 dr (Robes), a 3 dr increase is like a 50% upgrade to DR for a 15% trade-off in recovery speed, that alone is worth making such a small investment imo.

But that's the beauty of opinions, they're like a-holes... everyone's got one, and most of them stink (heh, being self-deprecating here, not indicating yours does :) )

But that's the beauty of opinions, they're like a-holes... everyone's got one, and most of them stink (heh, being self-deprecating here, not indicating yours does :) )

THEY DO??!? *ponders* how did he get his nose down there?

ANYWAYS. so i see this cloths vs armor debate is real.  where can i get some info on this?