Hey,

I took the Trials of Durance quest. Later I went to the inn and recriuted some Adventureres, booted Durance out of my party without realizing I hadn't completed his quest yet. Now I can't find him in-game at all. He's not in the inn (that I can see) and he's no longer at his original spot.

Any ideas how I can get him back so I can finish the quest?

He may be gone for good. Normally if you have the Stronghold, you can swap out members there ... or, if you have a full party and recruit a new member, the game will give you the option to send one of them back to your "base". They go back to either your Stronghold or the Gilded Vale inn.

I have unlocked the stronghold but I can't see him anywhere in there.

You don't need to actually find him in the stronghold, just press "P" while you're in it (or exit the stronghold) and you should be given the party management screen, in which you can (at least in theory...) take back Durance, even if you've no idea where he is. If that doesn't work, I guess you should contact Obsidian support with a savegame.

Hey,

I took the Trials of Durance quest. Later I went to the inn and recriuted some Adventureres, booted Durance out of my party without realizing I hadn't completed his quest yet. Now I can't find him in-game at all. He's not in the inn (that I can see) and he's no longer at his original spot.

Any ideas how I can get him back so I can finish the quest?

I did the same and he appeared at the Black Hound inn in Gilded Vale.