Hello

I just want to tell that day/night cycle is very good in PoE, but I can't stand this static weather. In Baldur's Gate rain or snow may or may be not happen depending on some random factors. In PoE there are locations with neverending rains like Gilded Vale for example etc.

Devs, are you plan to add dynamic weather to PoE?

Please... this game will be perfect crpg with dynamic weather.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I agree with this!

I hope this is something they can really develop for an expansion or sequel. You can create some great and moody effects nowadays and inserting that into the backgrounds of PoE would be magical. And definitely if they were dynamic.

One of my fav effects is the mist just when you enter Ondra's Gift. It'd be great if stuff like that could happen dynamically (or around the morning hours in the case of the mist). And yep, random rainfall, snowfall, thunder and such just makes the areas come alive even more.

Hope it's something that's planned for the future.

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

Hello

I just want to tell that day/night cycle is very good in PoE, but I can't stand this static weather. In Baldur's Gate rain or snow may or may be not happen depending on some random factors. In PoE there are locations with neverending rains like Gilded Vale for example etc.

Devs, are you plan to add dynamic weather to PoE?

Please... this game will be perfect crpg with dynamic weather.

There's something that I'd rather have.  And that would be more dynamic behavior for general NPCs in the towns and cities relative to the day/night cycle.  I'd like to see the cities and towns have their people (the NPCs) go inside for the night in most areas, except perhaps for The Gift area.  It seems a little silly to see everyone completely ignore the day/night cycle, particularly outside.

Edited by Crucis

In old D&D you could only cast Lightning Storm when there actually WAS a storm going on! Would be cool if weather effects could have subtle effects on spells and characters. You don't really enjoy your heavy armor that much in heavy snowfall. Fire spells also would lose their edge a bit, wouldn't they? How about chain lightning getting another jump if everyone is wet to begin with? Slicken could have a slightly longer duration on wet soil. There's lot of interactivity you could add with a weather system that wouldn't "break" anything or be totally OP. It would just be nice little twists to an otherwise static game engine.

Nah don't add rain or bad weather....then my characters will huddle up inside some cozy inn and I can't go outside adventuring because of roleplaying reasons.

Haha you sounds like: Hey dont improve my game! Dont listen to this dude Devs :)