Possible Sound Bug? [Justin Bell?]

Hogfather

Question

Heya if you see this Mr Sound Man!

I remember you talking in another thread where the ambient noise in cities was brought up, and the contrast between BG and PoE made. I remember BG having a 'background noise' similar to the sort of sound you hear in a convention hall I guess.

Especially near the market area, lots of people talking in the background and the sound of criers plying their wares etc.

In the thread in question, you said that there should be somewhat prominent city noises in PoE too, and there may be a bug. I specifically went looking for it last night (turning down music etc) and if it was there in my game it was VERY faint, essentially imperceptible, even at the marketplace in Copperlane. I heard a few birds chirp etc just fine, which made me feel like the Big City was more of a country township?

Anyway love your work and just thought I'd put up a thread specifically about this as I can't find where it was being discussed elsewhere. Let me know if you see this and need a save file etc. Unfortunately my save is several megabytes now so I can'd add it to the post :(

4 answers to this question

Cool :)

At work at the moment (Aussie so its only lunch here), will upload my save later today to a dropbox. Would a dxdiag dump be good enough for specs?

Edit: might also FRAPS a short sequence so you can hear what I hear?

Edited by Hogfather

Well that's frustrating I can hear the ambient city sounds now.

It may have been a hardware issue, I noticed this afternoon some crackling from my USB audio and I moved it to another port :(

Let me know if you still want my save file and dxdiag, but I can certainly hear the chatter of the city now.