Soundtrack - Prologue / Act Opening Track? (ATTN: Justin Bell)

Like others I love the soundtrack of this game. From opening the game for the first time - hearing that beautiful opening Eora theme, an absolute pleasure.

I noticed though that the piece that plays alongside the prologue and each of the Act openers is missing. I absolutely love that piece.

Can that be added into the soundtrack?

• Like 3

Lol, ok ok let me see what I can do. NO PROMISES THOUGH! :D

You heard it here, everyone: Justin promised the song would be added into the soundtrack, and that he would hand-deliver every backer a pony between 2PM and 5 PM (PDT) next Tuesday.

Curious about the subraces in Pillars of Eternity? Check out 

OMG, a pony as a pet in the game. That would be totally sweet-as.

Still absolutely loving the soundtrack Justin... so additional (bonus!) tracks would be super-awesome but you guys must be so, so busy so if it's not possible in the near-term, that's understandable.

• Like 1

Lol, ok ok let me see what I can do. NO PROMISES THOUGH! :D

You heard it here, everyone: Justin promised the song would be added into the soundtrack, and that he would hand-deliver every backer a pony between 2PM and 5 PM (PDT) next Tuesday.

Words put in someone's mouth - the best kind of promises  :biggrin:

• Like 1

Why I oughta :)

Looking forward to the pony. I hope it's a friesian.

Also looking forward to the printed scores, Justin, as well as the piano arrangements of the soundtrack you just promised. :)

Huh? I promised that? When????

Still absolutely loving the soundtrack Justin... so additional (bonus!) tracks would be super-awesome but you guys must be so, so busy so if it's not possible in the near-term, that's understandable.

Thanks!

Let me talk to some folks. That decision involves a few people, but please don't be disapointed if the answer is no : /

Thanks!

Let me talk to some folks. That decision involves a few people, but please don't be disapointed if the answer is no : /

In other words: Soundtrack was a cooperative work? Or am I wrong? 

(course otherwise their wouldn´t be much reason for such a decision involving more folks then just you and the guy that´s handling download bandwidth control! )

Looking forward to the pony. I hope it's a friesian.

Also looking forward to the printed scores, Justin, as well as the piano arrangements of the soundtrack you just promised. :)

Huh? I promised that? When????

I'm sure I heard it somewhere... :p

But for real, I would love a book of the scores, or a set of pdfs or something. I know that a tiny, tiny, tiny amount of people would ever have a use for it, but as a musician and composer myself, I always like seeing how other people actually orchestrate, notate directions, etc. on paper.

I can dream, right?

Guys, you do realize that all ingame music is stored in one of the game's folders with .ogg extention, right? That track is there as well. Not sure why it wasn't included in the official ost though, it's one of the most beautiful ones.

• Like 2

When i listen to that track (in the game audio folder) i imagine everytime a guy reading a sad letter to his woman, like he is on war and can't go back home, so much feeling

Edited by Mazisky

Right on, thanks Justin.

@Aramintai, thanks for the info I didn't know that. So no special codec needed for .ogg, my player will just play it?  How 'bout I go give it a try...

Well, that depends on the player, the one I use recognizes it (WinAmp). If yours doesn't you probbly need to install some additional codecs.

Edited by Aramintai

In other words: Soundtrack was a cooperative work? Or am I wrong? 

(course otherwise their wouldn´t be much reason for such a decision involving more folks then just you and the guy that´s handling download bandwidth control! )

Nope! I wrote every single note and second of music in the soundtrack :) Obsidian owns the soundtrack, I need to discuss it with the owners of the company and the PoE production team to see what they want to do.  

• Like 1

Guys, you do realize that all ingame music is stored in one of the game's folders with .ogg extention, right? That track is there as well. Not sure why it wasn't included in the official ost though, it's one of the most beautiful ones.

Yes this is very true.  I mentioned it in another thread, but there's a ton of threads so it's easy to miss.  VLC will open .ogg, and will convert it to mp3.  

• Like 1

You know, I had a physical pony in mind when I made that joke, but now that you mention it, a pony pet would actually be pretty cool.

Or a deer, at least. I mean, the model's already in the game.

Curious about the subraces in Pillars of Eternity? Check out