Grand Theft Auto V - PC Thread

Well, started up GTA and it runs pretty well with everything on High and some things on Very high, so that's good.  Didn't bother importing anything from the PS4 because I wanted to get used to the pc controls which aren't bad so far.  And actually wasn't too sure from the get go on how to do so.  Actually like the shooting from a car control so much more than a console.  Created an online player and joined the crew.  Have no idea what I'm doing, but did one race in the tutorial so far but enjoyed it nonetheless.  Look forward to joining you guys on some heists.  Does it let you know whose is online in your crew when you're playing?  The character creator was a little fun to work with with the whole parent thing, so I made a old tired alcoholic looking guy lol  Who wouldn't want a guy like that on their heists?

Are the majority of you guys playing M/K or gamepad?

Edited by SadExchange

I think I'll see how my 560ti can handle the game.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

my specs are: some i3 CPU, 8 GB RAM and nVidia 550Ti, everything is on normal, my gfx card can barely run it. the game looks awful but FPS is good, which is what really counts.

And I thought I had the crappiest peecee around here.

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

Had some nice playtime with sorophx the last past days.  :yes:  Special greets to you.

Also met Bokishi today in game and as soon as i reached him i had the cops on my back up to level 5.

I killed so many cops, my skill in counting wasn't enough. Really, this guy is crazy. Better stay away or get a big weapon and kevlar.

We ended up in an airplane and on the top he just jumped out of it and said something about parachutes. Damn, I didn't event know

how to use the parachute nor how to fly the airplane.  :aiee:  If it was real life I would be really upset (and dead) but in game it was

pretty fun.  :biggrin:

See you guys soon, I would recommend joining the "Obsidian"-crew to everyone.  :-

Edited by Jazou
  • Like 4

Had some nice playtime with sorophx the last past days.  :yes:  Special greets to you.

Also met Bokishi today in game and as soon as i reached him i had the cops on my back up to level 5.

I killed so many cops, my skill in counting wasn't enough. Really, this guy is crazy. Better stay away or get a big weapon and kevlar.

We ended up in an airplane and on the top he just jumped out of it and said something about parachutes. Damn, I didn't event know

how to use the parachute nor how to fly the airplane.  :aiee:  If it was real life I would be really upset (and dead) but in game it was

pretty fun.  :biggrin:

See you guys soon, I would recommend joining the "Obsidian"-crew to everyone.  :-

Haha awesome, just left click mouse to parachute

Edited by Bokishi

I've been having all sorts of trouble with GTA Online. VON keeps bugging out, I keep getting dropped from sessions, can't join sessions (time out), and had my first BSOD on this machine in 3 years while finishing the first heist with Jazou... not sure who or what to blame: the game or my PC :(

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

I've been having all sorts of trouble with GTA Online. VON keeps bugging out, I keep getting dropped from sessions, can't join sessions (time out), and had my first BSOD on this machine in 3 years while finishing the first heist with Jazou... not sure who or what to blame: the game or my PC :(

mmm....difficult to say. Lets start with the  basics, have you updated your drivers ?

Then I would describe your experience with the community, on Steam or Rockstar,  and see if anyone else has similar experiences ?

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Quick question.  Is there a way from the single player portion to check to see if there are any of your crew members online?  I guess I'm not seeing it because when I go to the crew portion of the options, it just says to go to the rockstar social website.

Quick question.  Is there a way from the single player portion to check to see if there are any of your crew members online?  I guess I'm not seeing it because when I go to the crew portion of the options, it just says to go to the rockstar social website.

Good question

I'll be getting my hardcopy of the game in about 2-3 days at my local PC gaming outlet....then I'll be joining the chaos and bedlam in the world of GTAV  :dancing:  :dancing:

• Like 1

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

I'm getting also session join problems sometimes. It's also strange that I'm not always joining sessions with crew members automatically.

I find the connecting/loading mechanism of GTA online bad/slow in general. (Have good PC specs and also installed on SSD.)

But beside of this I don't have any real problems except the bug with a completely white screen while doing the heist with sorophx. (game restart fixed it) 

You can access the social features anytime in game, also in single player mode. Just press "pos1" on your keyboard.

That way it's also possible to get a multiplayer game invite while you are in single player and join the correct online session instantly. 

• Like 1

difficult to say. Lets start with the  basics, have you updated your drivers ?

yep. game restarts usually fix it, but sometimes game performance slows down to a crawl, I think it's just my PC specs, too low

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

So I've read that you can finally make a female character in GTAV: Online, is that true?  And do they really look like a horse's butt?

Even if I could play a female character, which is key for me, I still fear that I have been tainted by Saints Row too much to be able to enjoy this game.  It's just seems sooo serious but with awesome graphics, and I fear I would find it lacking in the entertainment factor because I have so much fun with Saints Row games, particularly 3 & 4.   

Hmm, I'm tempted but hate the thought that I might buy it and then wish it were like something else while playing.

So I've read that you can finally make a female character in GTAV: Online, is that true?  And do they really look like a horse's butt?

Even if I could play a female character, which is key for me, I still fear that I have been tainted by Saints Row too much to be able to enjoy this game.  It's just seems sooo serious but with awesome graphics, and I fear I would find it lacking in the entertainment factor because I have so much fun with Saints Row games, particularly 3 & 4.   

Hmm, I'm tempted but hate the thought that I might buy it and then wish it were like something else while playing.

I definitely see what you're saying, but must put in my two cents of the fact that they have become two totally separate games.  Even though they may be in the same genre, they're really not similar due to somewhat of what you've talked about.  GTA, especially v, has pushed the boundaries of a liveable, breathable world in which you can create you're own story and have fun with people on the online portion.  The world is huge and filled with stuff to do. With SR, while I find it fun, to me is fun in short bursts due to the comedic sense of it all.  They both have their own places, but I would say they have different entertainment factors.

• Like 1

THIS IS IT!!!!!!!!

It's my first try at using the editor, so I know some things are "RAW", but I liked it anyway!

Thanks to Soro! 
---

Shadeling: Yes, you can! It depends on what you do to them.

And from someone who loves SR: GTA Online it's something from the other world.

• Like 3

THIS IS IT!!!!!!!!

It's my first try at using the editor, so I know some things are "RAW", but I liked it anyway!

Thanks to Soro! 

---

Shadeling: Yes, you can! It depends on what you do to them.

And from someone who loves SR: GTA Online it's something from the other world.

Awesome video, can't wait to play online with you guys!

• Like 1

I definitely see what you're saying, but must put in my two cents of the fact that they have become two totally separate games.  Even though they may be in the same genre, they're really not similar due to somewhat of what you've talked about.  GTA, especially v, has pushed the boundaries of a liveable, breathable world in which you can create you're own story and have fun with people on the online portion.  The world is huge and filled with stuff to do. With SR, while I find it fun, to me is fun in short bursts due to the comedic sense of it all.  They both have their own places, but I would say they have different entertainment factors.

Hey, thanks for your input, this gives me more insight into something I've wondered about.  I've always been intrigued by GTA but the lack of being able to play a female has always been the deciding factor for me so when I heard that you can actually play a female character in GTA:V Online, my interest was piqued but then I read that female character creation was hopelessly fugly, which makes sense given the fact that GTA has never been developed to include a female protagonist in the first place.   So I've never felt confident enough to take the plunge.  I guess I'll keep watching from the sidelines for the time being.

• Like 1

I will start a (short) GTA session in a few minutes. Greetings to the other players. happy0203.gif

post-148323-0-17667100-1429723302_thumb.jpg
//EDIT: This forum is compressing the screenshot ugly. Normally it looks way better. (Check the Obsidians Ninjas logo  :brows:  )

PS@Shadeling: Many combinations generate ugly females, but this is also true for males. I tried it  on my own and my female was kind of beauty (for a pc character).
I don't know - maybe they've changes the character creation editor a bit for the PC. I don't think that this is the best result you can get, but for example check: YouTube Link
You can also choose between different walking types, so you don't have to walk like a bitch - but of course you can if you like to.

post-148323-0-17667100-1429723302_thumb.jpg

Edited by Jazou
  • Like 1

I still fear that I have been tainted by Saints Row too much to be able to enjoy this game

Rockstar seem to acknowledge that fact, so there's a Director's Mode in the game (not Online, but singleplayer), where you can give yourself superpowers and go crazy

Walsingham said:

btw, I need to win a crapton of races to upgrade my main vehicle. since we don't seem to ever be online in full force long enough to complete a heist, maybe we can at least race each other?  :unsure:

Edited by sorophx
Walsingham said: