[1.03] Brutish Warrior has arrived, seeking employment

Achilles

Question

Just got to Caed Nua and started building stuff. The main keep is complete and the dungeon is in progress.

After resting, I got a notification that "Brutish Warrior" arrived and was looking for work. Considering that I don't have barracks yet, should this be happening?

I have screenshots and save files if needed.

"Art and song are creations but so are weapons and lies"

"Our worst enemies are inventions of the mind. Pleasure. Fear. When we see them for what they are, we become unstoppable."

10 answers to this question

If he is a guest I would suggest this is intended

Cail The Silent- The drake coils its body protectively around something. "One day I will become a burning thing. Bright and terrible like my spark."
Quest "Cinders of Faith"

Sagani- Sagani chuckles. "Nothing against these stuffy forests, but you haven't seen the southern lights over Naasitaq."
Quest "The Long Hunt"

(...)

fwiw, he'll come back again later, along with others to hire.

Can only speak about my own little experience, but the one time when I actually played for a while and got reasonably far, over 30 hours (last save file said I was playing 36h) after the first guy showed up before I had barracks built, nor he nor the others who came after showed up again. One of the main reasons why I intend to try to min/max stronghold with how it's systems currently work once the game will be patched and playable.

Just got to Caed Nua and started building stuff. The main keep is complete and the dungeon is in progress.

After resting, I got a notification that "Brutish Warrior" arrived and was looking for work. Considering that I don't have barracks yet, should this be happening?

I have screenshots and save files if needed.

Same here.

The guests don't seek employment.

some guests do. i have a noble woman that is both a guest and a hierling

PIllars of eternty (Hard) 1st playtrough: 155h, 38 m (main Ranger with bear(bow), Eder, Durance(off tank), Hirvais(off tank), Kana(ranged), Aloth/GM)
PIllars of eternty (PtoD) 2nd playtrough: 88h 30 m (main Bleak Walker Paladin, Eder, Barbarian, Monk, Rogue (ranged) Cypher(wand)
(not counting reloads and experimenting)
status i love the game, hate the bugs, and wish for better AI and Pathfinding

http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/78749-needed-qualyty-of-life-improvements-information-and-transparency/

Either way, the question remains: should people who can be hired arrive before you are able to hire them?

If no, then this is a bug

"Our worst enemies are inventions of the mind. Pleasure. Fear. When we see them for what they are, we become unstoppable."

Since the forum appears to be accepting screenshots now (it wouldn't when I originally posted), I'm including one from the subsequent playthrough.

post-1981-0-70966700-1429659434_thumb.jpg