[Bug?] One Stands Alone - +20 damage intended, or supposed to be +20%?

Matt516

Question

There's been some discussion of this talent on the gen discussion forum, but I don't believe I've ever seen any official dev word on if this talent is working as intended. Is OSA really supposed to provide an integer +20 damage bonus? Or is it supposed to be (like the recently fixed Ranger mark ability) +20% of base weapon damage, in a similar manner to literally every other damage modifier in the game save the monk fists? It seems really strange for this ability to break the mold. Would love some dev feedback on this, even just a "It's intended" or "It's a bug".

• Like 1

13 answers to this question

Hey guys.

It is a bug and we have it fix on our internal build. You should see this fix in an upcoming patch. 

• Like 2

Got a bug :cat:?? Help us squish it!

• In your report Include your *save file* (C:\Users\YourNameHere\Saved Games\Pillars of Eternity) and ...
  • PC: *output_log.txt* (In your PillarsOfEternity_Data folder)
  • Mac/Linux: *Player.log* (In your Unity folder)

• Thank you for your help!

Bump. Would really like to know if this is intentional or a bug. There are no other abilities in the game (to my knowledge) that grant a flat integer damage bonus other than the Monk's fists, and +20 damage is ludicrously overpowered (not to mention heavily favors DW vs 2H)... the current implementation of this ability just doesn't make sense.

• Like 1

Bump for visibility post-1.04. Would really love to see a fix for this or at least some acknowledgement. Barbarian is one of the funnest classes (IMO) but is utterly broken right now due to this talent.

That's great news KTran. Thanks.

edit: Maybe you can also make an update the text of the ability. "Grants a melee damage bonus when the barbaria..." is not exactly clear with respect to the mechanics: +20% dmg.

Edited by kmbogd

Hey guys.

It is a bug and we have it fix on our internal build. You should see this fix in an upcoming patch. 

Well, good to know not to patch my game any more ^^. I am gonna enjoy broken OSA till the end of world! :)

managed to do some tests on this .. It adds precisely 26.6 damage per hit .. Not 20 .

http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/78239-abilities-various-other-damage-related-mechanics-revealed/?do=findComment&comment=1671709

It looks like it's scaling with might. 20*1.33=26.6. Not scaling with blooded is odd though.

Edited by SilchasRuin

managed to do some tests on this .. It adds precisely 26.6 damage per hit .. Not 20 .

http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/78239-abilities-various-other-damage-related-mechanics-revealed/?do=findComment&comment=1671709

It looks like it's scaling with might. 20*1.33=26.6. Not scaling with blooded is odd though.

I seriously doubt it scales with anything .. I will test again when I get the chance (10+ hours) with 50 / 100 might ..

WPNTVf7.jpg