All I need is a hint ... how do I get to Twin Elms? I have the Child of Five Suns quest with Pallangina, if that makes any difference .... but so far none of the maps I've checked seem to let me travel to that area ... what am I missing? MTIA!

Haven't you heard?
It's a battle of words!
the poster bearer cried.

You have to finish Act II. Keep doing the Main Quest line.

• Like 1

"You're a fool if you believe I would trust your benevolence. Step aside and you and your lackeys will be unhurt."

Baldur's Gate portraits for Pillars of Eternity   IXI   Icewind Dale portraits for Pillars of Eternity   IXI   Icewind Dale 2 portraits for Pillars of Eternity

[slap Aloth]

That's not the point though (I would personally much prefer if the game had been designed so Twin Elms was open for business from the start). But as is, it's very easy to miss that there is a flood going on at all, which is making some people go "oh... what flood?" when Act III starts.

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

That's not the point though (I would personally much prefer if the game had been designed so Twin Elms was open for business from the start). But as is, it's very easy to miss that there is a flood going on at all, which is making some people go "oh... what flood?" when Act III starts.

Absolutely this, on both points.  I was annoyed that I couldn't just explore Twin Elms.  How hard would it be changing guard dialogue, in the first area, and not letting you any further?

• Like 1

I think it's a bit odd you can easily get the Child of Five Suns quest in Chapter 2, but can't do it until Chapter 3. But it's all good now ;)

Whats more odd is that you get an alternate quest if you dont have Pall in your group, which drops some unique items. The second you put Pall in, back to that corny trade route mission. I took her out, got the quest at the beidge, put her back in thinking she might be able to assist with the dialog at the end...no go.

I think it's a bit odd you can easily get the Child of Five Suns quest in Chapter 2, but can't do it until Chapter 3. But it's all good now ;)

Whats more odd is that you get an alternate quest if you dont have Pall in your group, which drops some unique items. The second you put Pall in, back to that corny trade route mission. I took her out, got the quest at the beidge, put her back in thinking she might be able to assist with the dialog at the end...no go.

You can still get that quest with Pallegina in your group. There's nothing odd about it. Pallegina tells you that the Vaillian Embassy could use you, and the ambassador gives you a quest that is distinct from Pallegina's personal quest.