Paladins and Priests that aren't the player character

What happens to their faith? Is it just the default level and you can't really increase it?

Cuz dat would suck. :C

"The Courier was the worst of all of them. The worst by far. When he died the first time, he must have met the devil, and then killed him."

Is your mom hot? It may explain why guys were following her ?

Yep.

Doesn't matter all that much for priests, but for paladins, it's a big loss.

That's honestly pretty poor design, imo. It means it's impossible to get a Paladin or Priest at the top of their game without making them the player character....and since there's TWO classes like this, it's impossible to have a topped-out priest and paladin in the same file. I can imagine there'd be a lot of players who'd want crusader-style parties, and this might be another reason why fighters are curbstomping Paladins as tanks: because NPC Fighter vs. NPC Paladin is a much larger gap.

Perhaps it'd be wise to tweak it so that NPC paladins and priests naturally increase their faith with levels? Or alternatively, make their faith reflect your own reputations?

• Like 2

"The Courier was the worst of all of them. The worst by far. When he died the first time, he must have met the devil, and then killed him."

It also means they don't suffer from acting against there faith, so it's pretty net neutral. Faith and Conviction is decent without the boosts from following favoured behaviour, and you can always take Deep Faith for an added extra.

But I'm pretty sure most people are more than happy to stick to the disposition limits of those two classes, so negative rep is not a very realistic worry with that in mind.

• Like 1

Yep.

Doesn't matter all that much for priests, but for paladins, it's a big loss.

That's honestly pretty poor design, imo. It means it's impossible to get a Paladin or Priest at the top of their game without making them the player character....and since there's TWO classes like this, it's impossible to have a topped-out priest and paladin in the same file. I can imagine there'd be a lot of players who'd want crusader-style parties, and this might be another reason why fighters are curbstomping Paladins as tanks: because NPC Fighter vs. NPC Paladin is a much larger gap.

Perhaps it'd be wise to tweak it so that NPC paladins and priests naturally increase their faith with levels? Or alternatively, make their faith reflect your own reputations?

I think the most reasonable would be to have it match the party's reputation, maybe adjusted in part by the CNPC:s own personality when he joins the party. Really, I see no reason why Durance would not get penalties when he chooses to associate with someone that is Passionate. At the very least, it would be demoralizing.

t50aJUd.jpg