Bad "secret found" in the intro dungeon

Headbomb

Question

Near the gem-socket scripted interaction in the first dungeon you go into after the bîaŵac, there is apparently a hidding secret. But whatever it is, simply doesn't display on screen.

post-32092-0-11801300-1428851206_thumb.jpg

To reproduce, what I usually did was

1) Get waterskin/gem

2) Put gem in eye socket in scripted interaction

3) Fight the oozes

4) Press tab and loot the blue thing (in the picture).

5) Go into scout mode. Find secret. Press and hold tab.

Notice that you'll find a secret, but there's no purple area highlight. If the blue thing in the image is meant to be the secret, then it's badly coded and visible using before scout mode. If it's something else, it's simply not being displayed.

3 answers to this question

I've seen this as well, and i'm pretty sure the "secret" is the secret door you just opened. It wasn't detecteable before you open it with the gem, but afterward, you have a nearly invisble area on the screen, and hovering the mouse on it change the cursor to the "open door" type. Seems to be the shape of the secret door, now hidden in the floor.

• Like 1

I've seen this as well, and i'm pretty sure the "secret" is the secret door you just opened. It wasn't detecteable before you open it with the gem, but afterward, you have a nearly invisble area on the screen, and hovering the mouse on it change the cursor to the "open door" type. Seems to be the shape of the secret door, now hidden in the floor.

Yeah, I got the "secret found" and then while moving my cursor around found a sort of hovering secret door below the opening in the wall. I seem to recall clicking on it which may have made it go away, but I'm not sure. I'm also pretty sure that the door itself became visible (well, as a purple rectangle) when I hovered over it.

• Like 1

"Forsooth, methinks you are no ordinary talking chicken!"

-Protagonist, Baldur's Gate

Yeah, I got the "secret found" and then while moving my cursor around found a sort of hovering secret door below the opening in the wall. I seem to recall clicking on it which may have made it go away, but I'm not sure. I'm also pretty sure that the door itself became visible (well, as a purple rectangle) when I hovered over it.

Clicking on it didn't make it disappear for me, and there wasn't the purple rectangle. So it was hard to see. But seems i'm not crazy. Must be the door :D. thanks.