Saint's War Armor enchant bug

stadi

Question

Hi!

There a bug when you enchant Eder's Saint's War Armor. Out of the box it has DR 7 (Slash 9, Pierce 8, Freeze 9) when you put "fine" on it, it becomes DR 9 (Slash 11, Freeze 11), it looses Pierce.

Edited by stadi

4 answers to this question

No bug, Pierce DR gets rounded to 9 when enchanting to 'fine', so it does not get special mention.

Edit: To explain, 66% from 7 is 4.62 + 3 (proofing) gives 7.62, which is rounded to 8.

with 'fine' 66% from 9 is 6 + 3 proofing, rounded to 9 (which is the same as the stated DR for the fine armor)

Edited by cmergler
  • Like 1

No bug, Pierce DR gets rounded to 9 when enchanting to 'fine', so it does not get special mention.

Edit: To explain, 66% from 7 is 4.62 + 3 (proofing) gives 7.62, which is rounded to 8.

with 'fine' 66% from 9 is 6 + 3 proofing, rounded to 9 (which is the same as the stated DR for the fine armor)

Though I agree that the behavior is feature not a bug, can I ask where you are getting those calculations from? I'm asking because my experience seems to be a little different, see below. So perhaps you may want to comment this.

After checking in Object Browser of IE mod, there seems to be the same percentage behavior as in BB. See the table below for basic armors with quality properties:

armorsv1_0_3_0530.jpg

Eder's armor is basically Scale armor with proofing and special property.

Fine Scale Armor has 9 base DR and Pierce is 75% of the base, thus -> 6.75 Pierce DR. When showing in item description and on character sheet it's rounded to 7 Pierce DR.

Speculation on proofing (I'm not sure on this, sources are several tests in game):

Now proofing seems to be a part of the percentage calculation. Sadly it's a kind of unintuitive with the description on mind. So in this example the proofing 3 DR bonus isn't added flatly to the Pierce DR, but to the base DR for the purpose of the percentual estimation of Pierce subtype.

So 75% of (9 + 3) DR is now 9.0 Pierce DR.

(Fine Pierce-proofed Scale armor)

Does it mean that pierce-proof does nothing when the armor is fine or better?

On the contrary, original pierce-proofed armor had 75% of (7 + 3) = 7.5 Pierce DR, whereas Fine pierce-proofed has 75% of (9 + 3) = 9.0 Pierce DR (see above), etc...

Another example -- Fine Leather armor with Slash proofing:

Base DR of Fine Leather: 8 DR

Slash DR of Fine Leather: 150% of 8 = 12 Slash DR

Slash DR of Fine Leather with Slash Proofing:

150% of (8 + 3) = 16.5  (in description rounded to 17)

Leather_Slash_Proofing.jpg

Edited by ushas

Well, I might be mistaken on the 66% there, did not check the actual numbers and just picked 66% as an example.

I do remember reading in the forum (perhaps backer beta forum, pretty sure it was one of Sensuki's many posts, sometime in first quarter of 2015) about some rounding stuff that caused numbers that seemed wrong at first look. 

So I tried to explain this and picked a number to explain the rounding situation.

Sorry about my late reply, had some long work days and did not check this thread. Currently looking through posts, maybe I find the right one...

Edit: @ushas: So far I only found the old thread where you posted ([435] Several possible rounding issues (armors, damage, health, etc.)), but I think there was another where more information was posted - before the game released, based on the Backer Beta -, keeping up the search for a bit....

Found it finally: 70778-yo-ushas-i-think-i-found-why-dr-values-are-borked (not sure if I am allowed to post full path to it, since it is in Backer Beta forum)

That was what I had remembered, maybe somewhat wrongly?

Edited by cmergler