Scrotie's top 5 best min/max races

The Hearth Orlan converts hits to crits 10% of the time.

If accuracy = enemy deflect, you only "hit" 50% of the time.

On average, the racial gives you 5% more crits.

Base crit damage is an additive +50% bonus damage.

On average, the racial gives you +2.5% more damage.

....the racial isn't even worth 1 might.

Its only useful if you're min-maxing weapons with on-crit abilities.

Its not useful for min-maxing damage, especially since the orlan takes a -2 penalty to might.

you do not take a -2 penalty to might.  you have a -2 towards potential max might.  is no point buy or similar such stuff. we got same pool o' points as every other race, which makes most o' the attribute penalties and bonuses a bit illusory.  our ourlan melee combatants can starts with an 18 might.

and yes, a bonus that is close to the dps gain from 1 point o' might, which is indeed meaningful for a racial bonus, particularly with certain weapon choices. 

thanks.

HA! Good Fun!

If your orlan starts with 18 might, then your max dex is 18. You have 2 points leftover to spend on support or survivability.

A human can start with 20 might and 18 dex. That alone is worth more damage than 18 might/18 dex/10% hits to crits.

actually, our typical spread is 18/15/15... and sometimes 16/16/16.  we get the dps benefit from orlan w/o the commensurate loss to other attributes. is a zero sum game with attributes.  the racial benefits are a separate factor. 

and you don't get free points as a human. again, the pool total is the same.

HA! Good Fun! 

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

The Hearth Orlan converts hits to crits 10% of the time.

If accuracy = enemy deflect, you only "hit" 50% of the time.

On average, the racial gives you 5% more crits.

Base crit damage is an additive +50% bonus damage.

On average, the racial gives you +2.5% more damage.

....the racial isn't even worth 1 might.

Its only useful if you're min-maxing weapons with on-crit abilities.

Its not useful for min-maxing damage, especially since the orlan takes a -2 penalty to might.

you do not take a -2 penalty to might.  you have a -2 towards potential max might.  is no point buy or similar such stuff. we got same pool o' points as every other race, which makes most o' the attribute penalties and bonuses a bit illusory.  our ourlan melee combatants can starts with an 18 might.

and yes, a bonus that is close to the dps gain from 1 point o' might, which is indeed meaningful for a racial bonus, particularly with certain weapon choices. 

thanks.

HA! Good Fun!

If your orlan starts with 18 might, then your max dex is 18. You have 2 points leftover to spend on support or survivability.

A human can start with 20 might and 18 dex. That alone is worth more damage than 18 might/18 dex/10% hits to crits.

actually, our typical spread is 18/15/15... and sometimes 16/16/16.  we get the dps benefit from orlan w/o the commensurate loss to other attributes. is a zero sum game with attributes.  the racial benefits are a separate factor. 

and you don't get free points as a human. again, the pool total is the same.

HA! Good Fun! 

I never said you get free points as a human. I'm saying the human is better than the orlan at min-maxing damage in a thread about min-maxing.

I'm not saying the orlan is bad either. Like I said previously, the orlan is the best at min-maxing on-crit weapons.

The shield & hatchet is for defensive situations only. 

and again, we noted that if you is sacrificing the dps for defensive capability on your striker character, then you is doing something wrong from our way o' thinking.  but you like what you found, so good for you.  you like moonies too, but Gromnir never seems to have battles last long enough that their racial bonus would make a difference.  

regardless, you keep using words such as "nothing" or "no" to describe orlan racial bonuses, but you is clearly playing the part o' the sicilian from the princess bride.  am just not certain if you is doing for laughs or for serious.   am more concerned that you think everybody needs agree with you.  as we said, is good that poe has choices that allows us to look at racial bonuses and disagree.  clear winners would be problematic.  you think there is clear winners.  Gromnir doesn't.  congratulations?

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 1

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

You fault me for sacrificing DPS, yet you use arbitrary and suboptimal point spreads. If your min-max Rogue doesn't have max Might and max Dex, you already fail. Proper Rogue is something like 21 Mig 4 Con 18 Dex 8 Per 18 Int 9 Res. Maybe 9 Int 18 Res if going for defense over duration.

The only "DPS sacrifices" I make are modal. Yours are permanent.

Edited by scrotiemcb