ok, so phantom is great at level 1, and I have used the stun wave often enough, plus who doesn't like maggots bursting out of bodies and massive crush damage?

paralyze and summon wurms at level 2,

what about level 3?

summon drake, or summon 2 ogres?  I'm thinking the ogres will both do more damage and be more of a nuisance to targets, since there's 2.

I hear the invoke that does the 7-way frost beam is bugged?

any other level 3 choices people like?

I had heard that.  thought maybe they fixed it, but guess not.

I recalled ogres had more hps than drakes (by about 50!), plus they do massive crush damage (more damage than drake, per attack, though I think drakes have two attacks), so 2 ogres it is then.  I'll take nearly 600 hps in distractions over 230 any day.

the stat boosting invokes look good as well, but there are potions and scrolls and regular spells to make up any slack there.

Edited by Ichthyic

I've been heavily inclined to do a barber shop quartet run with 4 chanters on POTD, all using different focuses and different chants.

see if I can get some kind of harmony going.

will have to wait until they get a stable patch and a third round of balance changes in though.  I'm guessing about a month for that to happen.

Edited by Ichthyic

Ogres are such great fodder. High endurance/health and big circles for blocking stuff.

My other choice was +5 to 3 attributes. I chose the one that gives +Int so I can get longer duration buffs on occasion from my priest.

Second level Invocations I went with wurms over wisps for PotD since they're better fodder or can be kept at range.

I didn't bother with offensive Invocations much, occasionally paralyze but on PotD it's hard to justify spending multiple phrases that can take a decent while to build on something that will often miss or graze vs. more reliably useful summons.

Once you get to chant level 3 you kinda gotta accept you are only gonna get 1/2 invocations for almost every battle in game, i would have gone for ogres but given im a melee tank i didnt want them getting in the way of my chant hitting people, and the terror aura drakes apply really help with tanking (-accuracy means they miss more often). 

I would be interested to know how the ogres hold up as well but i guess i thought the drake was more appropriate given i have like 3 chants build around the dragon chants xD (Double dragon, Dragon of Fortitude, Dragon of Haste). Im probably gonna get the ice thing as my second one because im often surrounded so 7 spikes of ice would be great

I am still at ACT 1 and yes, I am loving the exploding maggots incantation. Nice damage. I have also the skeletons invocation chant and some others not too useful, like the charm one (very low radius); push enemies back one and another one I don't remember becuase I hardly use it.

There's also the resurrection one. Of course, it's better if you don't die in the first place, but it turned the tables for me in the end fight when Kana was the last one standing and about to die. It's an AoE cone so I was able to resurrect 3 characters at once.

The +attributes ones sound good on paper, but I'm not sure if they're worth using over a summon (assuming you don't have one on already).