Books (organize in inventory or stronghold Library)

Maybe it is a silly idea or one that has already been suggested but I was thinking how nice it would be to have a organize button especially for books.  There is so much lore in the game and so many part one and two and part 3 of different books it would be great if all of that stuff could be put in order other than manually moving it all.  Im pretty sure it could be done but not sure how much work it would take to do it.  I absolutely love the game btw!

Just a suggestion I thought I would contribute...any thoughts?  (Oh I have not got the library built yet..one more day, so I have yet to see how it functions)

Edited by Byeohazard
  • Like 1

:w00t:

I love this idea! Having all the books you collected on your adventure available in the stronghold library would be really cool, and immersive ! I always collect books and end up reading them when have a coffee break from my adventures :)

The only issue with it I see, is that then they won't be accessible from anywhere. Maybe have the books you collected appear both in the library, for immersion, and accessible through the Lore tab ?

Sadly, I don't think the devs would really work on a side feature like that :\, but still, I support that idea :)

Thanks for the reply! I enjoyed reading it.  You are probably correct in terms of this probably not up there on the priority list..if enough folks support it and it is not too difficult to implement perhaps Obsidian would consider it at some point.  I know I would enjoy the feature and it may help others get a better grip on the massive amount of lore and story presented. Hopefully some others will weigh in with their thoughts!

Well, the stash just needs a sort button for all the tabs. Group herbs together, potions together, scrolls together, sort each according to their levels (required lore). Group swords together, daggers together, pikes together, light armors together, necks separately from rings. Meats go with meats, herbs with herbs. And, naturally, books hug each other and are sorted alphabetically. Not sure how the ocd target audience didn't push for it during beta. :p

On a side note, maybe merchants can stack otherwise unstackable items purely as a UI feature? Having sold gazillion xaurip shields and Doemenel daggers it's becoming tedious to scroll through merchant inventories. :)

• Like 1