So I had no idea that you can only hire up to 8 adventurers from the inn (The adventurer pool in the stronghold UI has a scroll bar!) - I'm halfway through the game and I've created a bunch of characters to test builds and mechanics, and now I'm at my limit.

I'd like to be able to delete old ones and create new ones - is this in any way possible?  Console cheat, mods, whatever.  I don't care about the achievements.

There is no "hard" limit but in order to be able to create any new ones once you reach 8, you have to get one perm-dead, either via enemies or attacking them yourself.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Go to your keep, get them into your party, and force attack them...aka murder them :p Their bodies will be gone next loading screen.

Employment in this world sucks :D

But there should really be a "fire" button to release self made characters, wouldn´t be surprised if that comes up in the next patch notes.

• Like 2

"A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies, the man who never reads lives one."

Yeah, I agree re: a fire/delete button or something. I can understand not wanting to allow people to make 30 chrs. per playthrough to switch in and out all the time or something, but shouldn't have to force/intentionally "kill" them just to be able to free up a creation slot.

• Like 1
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I wish they'd just remove the 8-hired limit. Character creation is so much fun... I don't want to have to delete my beloved cast of characters to make more.

If that's no possible, it would be great if I could at least reassign them to guard duty, so I can still see their faces wandering around the stronghold (even if I can't use them as companions anymore). 

I don't know why they impose that 8-man limit. You could create 1000 hired companions and it wouldn't unbalance the game, since you can only have 6 in your party at a given time.

I wish they'd just remove the 8-hired limit. Character creation is so much fun... I don't want to have to delete my beloved cast of characters to make more.

If that's no possible, it would be great if I could at least reassign them to guard duty, so I can still see their faces wandering around the stronghold (even if I can't use them as companions anymore). 

I don't know why they impose that 8-man limit. You could create 1000 hired companions and it wouldn't unbalance the game, since you can only have 6 in your party at a given time.

I agree.  I suppose you could cheese a little and start creating custom characters for specific fights, but even then, the cost to create characters balances everything pretty well.

My guess is the limit is so you can't create a bunch of "whole different parties" to fit/overwhelem any situation and then just swap them in and out constantly as needed.

The cost is negligible long long before end game.

But it is fun to create parties?? A lot of parties... 

This reminds me: 

I had to kill Calisca, 'cos she didn't want to leave me alone.... I couldn't fire her. So it's the same problem as with custom adventurers,  But anyway it was fun ....

Edited by Cluas

UFWDJRj.jpg

But it is fun to create parties?? A lot of parties...

That's what "new game" is for. ;)

• Like 1

My guess is the limit is so you can't create a bunch of "whole different parties" to fit/overwhelem any situation and then just swap them in and out constantly as needed.

The cost is negligible long long before end game.

Honestly, I still don't see the reason for the limit.

What is balance to some, is unbalance to others, including developers. Reasons aren't always purely logic/rationality based. :-