Humor. Do we have humor?

It sounds like you want less situational humor and more one-liners and funny gags.

Eder is the resident clown of the party. Sagani has funny comments. Aloth is funny sometimes. Durance is a caricature. Hiravius is funny in a gross way, I love his battle cries. Kana has a strange concept of stealth. Fulvano is a joke. Many item descriptions are humorous, for example Jenna's Lance, Mosquito. There are puns like Edge of Reason. Names of Chanter phrases and invocations crack me up.

It's the Obsidian house-style. They don't do humour much, and if they do it's very low-key.

other than big head modes, yes?

is likely a good thing that they don't try more humor.  some folks simple don't have a knack for funny in writing.  am recalling a interview we read o

elmore leonard speaking o' his influences.  according to leonard, hemingway made writing look easy and getting into mood to write westerns were easy after reading passages from  for whom the bell tolls. sadly, leonard realized that hemingway had no demonstrable sense o' humor in his writing and so he needed a new spirit guide as there were things leonard wished to say that were amusing or quixotic or whatever. am thinking that if the obsidians could be as unfunny as hemingway, it wouldn't be a bad thing.  'course lack o' humor don't result in increased writing talent.

*shrug*

for popular entertainment that spans tens o' hours, humor is something one should try and cultivate.  keep reader or player on edge for +40 hours?  am not saying that obsidian don't have such humor in their games, but as mc noted, obsidian humor is tending to be low-key or noticeably infrequent.  that being said, we enjoyed morte as a humors jnpc.  is perhaps a bit cliché, but the sad clown can be more tragic than a similarly preternatural serious character.  morte were a good example o' black isle humor done well.  

side note: in retrospect, am thinking the voice acting actual helped morte considerable.  authors can be funny, but if you have a voice-over, the actor better be good. if tiger woods had delivered morte lines, am doubting we woulda' seen the funny.

HA! Good Fun!

it's not like they don't have knack for humor, i laughed in this game almost as many as monkey island games / sam and max games. it's just isn't in your face "COMEDY LOLOLOL"

they do it subtly, and a good attempt at that. i enjoy both witty and dark humor like this as well as crazy-over the top in your face like saints row. anything to get me lauhing