Easy difficulty too challenging for story focussed players

And if you're disabled, injured, or a member of a generation that didn't grow up with video games, it can feel insulting to have people constantly tell you variants of "L2P". 

I tried to teach my mom to play Portal once.  She couldn't grasp the concept of WASD first-person moving, for some reason, even though she has a PhD.  It was very interesting to observe.

• Like 1

There needs to be a 'Path of the not-really-damned, in fact quite blessed' mode where you start the game with a QA testers sword-of-slaying.

Seriously, why not?

Edited by Monte Carlo

sonsofgygax.JPG

And if you're disabled, injured, or a member of a generation that didn't grow up with video games, it can feel insulting to have people constantly tell you variants of "L2P". 

I tried to teach my mom to play Portal once.  She couldn't grasp the concept of WASD first-person moving, for some reason, even though she has a PhD.  It was very interesting to observe.

I suspect 30 years from now the young generation will sneer at all the "old-ass mouse and keyboard users" who can't figure out how to walk in a straight line when using their holodeck.

• Like 1

There is no need for a story mode when one can just cheat. 

Yep, one can either God Mode things or pump up your characters to the level you need to get by. Individuals who just don't want to deal with combat at all or who are physically unable to play the game are edge cases where the console commands are the simplest solution. I'm not opposed to the idea of a story mode, but rather than waiting to see if Obsidian thinks it's a good idea and implements it (and implements it to the level you desire/need) you can get playing immediately.