Can't change reputation with Defiance Bay?

eggpile

Question

So, I am completing quests in and around Defiance Bay, and it seems that nothing I do changes my reputation with the city.  It's not showing up in the log, and it's not actually changing on my character sheet.  I turned on the [show personality/reputation] option in, well, Options, and tried submitting Cinders of Faith and All Hands on Deck - they show in the dialogue that I should be gaining moderate and exceptional reputation, respectively, with Defiance Bay, but in neither case does the reputation change show in the log with the experience gain, nor does it change my reputation from Eccentric (Fairly Mixed).  My last reputation change came from resolving the Aelyse quest in Dyrford Village, when I lost moderate rep for killing Lord H.  That showed up in the log and changed the listing on my character sheet.

Any ideas? Anyone else having this issue since the latest patch?

Thanks!

2 answers to this question

It takes  lot to change your reputation in Defiance Bay, much more than Gilded Vale. Even if you gain moderate, for example, it probably won't be enough to bump you higher on the character sheet. Do a couple of the main quests, and eventually you should see some changes.

Oh! I figured it out - Rep gains do still show up in the log, but just in the combat log; I didn't realize I was looking in the conversation log, where it doesn't show up - I finally managed to push my Defiance Bay rep up to friend after handing in three quests and a minor stronghold adventure.  Thanks for your help!