Which class has most unique dialogues?

Cipher.

Had only two lines for priests.

Cail The Silent- The drake coils its body protectively around something. "One day I will become a burning thing. Bright and terrible like my spark."
Quest "Cinders of Faith"

Sagani- Sagani chuckles. "Nothing against these stuffy forests, but you haven't seen the southern lights over Naasitaq."
Quest "The Long Hunt"

Some classes don't get a lot of class-specific dialogue options, but NPCs will react to their class. It's just that you have no way of knowing which NPCs react to your class/race/background/culture/etc. without knowing ahead of time.

For example, the only time I got a [Fighter] dialogue option was in The Old Queen and the New King quest, where you had to get the lion and the bear to fight each other. Fighters have a dialogue option which says, "If the bear/lion isn't willing to leave his/her favorable terrain and engage the other one, he/she doesn't deserve to be the Champion of Galawain."

For Merchant, it came up three times IIRC, first with Calisca, second with Vicenzo the Vailian merchant, and third with Ondra. The third time was quite unique because Rymngrand was pissed off at me for solving his quest peacefully, but Ondra intervened because she loved how I was rules lawyering the situation like a real merchant.

For barb I only got one in act 3 and another for background(living lands) maybe in the same quest. 

I started playing a godlike-cipher which I think should get the most unique options/responses. I don't like a certain class or combination to be too much superior in the story but I don't wanna miss any - at least moderately important - thing.

As a Bleak Walker Paladin, I can't think of a single one so far.

Egregious, considering how often your order gets a mention as a Kind Wayfarer.

And Bleak Walkers would be easy, too, with their Violence Is The Fastest Option worldview. Every time someone wants you to resolve a conflict quickly or violently, they could bring it up. The dialogue with Wymund in Dyrford should definitely have one - "Of course Harond needs to die. But did you ever consider that, instead of this big elaborate scheme, you could just, you know, kill him?"

• Like 1

If I'm typing in red, it means I'm being sarcastic. But not this time.

Dark green, on the other hand, is for jokes and irony in general.

Glad to see I chose correctly; I always like to play the master Manipulator and cult of personality in RPGs because playing as a generic warrior you miss out on so much fun dialogue and skill checks. I've been a little disappointed so far, the only cipher check has been "so you're a cipher like me" with the Orlando guy in Defiance Bay. I kept thinking, but come on! I can talk to the dead, there's this whole issue with people being born without souls, souls control the body, ciphers study and control souls!! Where the hell is the commentary on all this connecting together!?!!? But I guess more comes up later.

Also I really messed up with my persuasion stats. I thought that intelligence would be theain one since there was no charisma or anything, and that's how most games handle conversations, it's usually just outsmarting te other person or using your intelligence to figure out what they'd want you to say, or whatever else, buuut... NOPE! Instead I get bombarded with perception and Resolve checks left and right that I can't possibly pass. :( it does make sense though, especially after I re-read the Resolve description.

Edited by JCPhoenix

Goldpact Knights only get two mentions early on, one in the early quest with Calisca's sister and one with Raedric. There is also a paladin general in one of the Crucible Knight quests. I also had precisely one reference each for my Living Lands and scientist background. I didn't expect much from the former but you would think you could mention to people that you are a scientist from time to time.

As a Bleak Walker Paladin, I can't think of a single one so far.

Aside from Rodericks Keep there is at least one more instance in the Dyrford Village Egg quest.

Don't remember if it was marked [bleak walker] in the dialogue options, but after telling "you ,you and you - gtfo!" they were all "[bleak Walker] Umm.. sure, sorry no offense, please don't remember our names".

I'm sure that in one place of Act III when being a sissy about human sacrifice NPC reacts to a Bleak Walker behaving odd.

• Like 2

Goldpact Knights only get two mentions early on, one in the early quest with Calisca's sister and one with Raedric. There is also a paladin general in one of the Crucible Knight quests. I also had precisely one reference each for my Living Lands and scientist background. I didn't expect much from the former but you would think you could mention to people that you are a scientist from time to time.

There are at least 2 more when discussing quest rewards in Act I.

Number of special conversation options that player can choose per class are following

Cipher: 11

Priest: 9 (total for all priests)

Fighter: 5

Wizard: 4

Rogue: 3

Ranger: 3

Barbarian: 3

Monk: 2

Chanter: 2

Druid: 1

Paladin: 1 (total all paladins)

I searched matches from conversation files by using search script so there is possibility for false positives as I didn't check all the results

There is possibility that Paladins and Priest may have more conversation options but they aren't called by their class, but instead of their faith or order.

These numbers don't include cases where NPC refer to players class.

• Like 4

I counted 4 for paladin in the conversation with Raedric alone (1 Bleakwalker, 1 Dracozzi, 2 Goldpact).

Edit: 

I checked all the files in the "07_gilded_vale" folder for paladin options, from what I saw it contains the conversations in Gilded Vale, Raedric Keep, and Encampment areas. I counted Kind Wayfarers, Dracozzi Paladini, and Bleakwalkers with 1 each, and  Goldpact Knights with 4, for a total of 7 for paladin.

Edited by Lychnidos
  • Like 1

Number of special conversation options that player can choose per class are following

Cipher: 11

Priest: 9 (total for all priests)

Fighter: 5

Wizard: 4

Rogue: 3

Ranger: 3

Barbarian: 3

Monk: 2

Chanter: 2

Druid: 1

Paladin: 1 (total all paladins)

I searched matches from conversation files by using search script so there is possibility for false positives as I didn't check all the results

There is possibility that Paladins and Priest may have more conversation options but they aren't called by their class, but instead of their faith or order.

These numbers don't include cases where NPC refer to players class.

Wow, that's a really ****ing sad spread.

• Like 1

t50aJUd.jpg

I counted 4 for paladin in the conversation with Raedric alone (1 Bleakwalker, 1 Dracozzi, 2 Goldpact).

Edit: 

I checked all the files in the "07_gilded_vale" folder for paladin options, from what I saw it contains the conversations in Gilded Vale, Raedric Keep, and Encampment areas. I counted Kind Wayfarers, Dracozzi Paladini, and Bleakwalkers with 1 each, and  Goldpact Knights with 4, for a total of 7 for paladin.

They seem to check only paladin order in those conversations not character class. They probably do same for priest when they check their deities.