I will tell you this.  Flames of Devotion is a 50% Lash and FIRE IMMUNE mobs ARE NOT affected by the fire portion of the FoD because they are fire immune.  I am almost positive that lashes are affected by DR.

Have gun will travel.

"Conclusion: lash enchantment ignore DR or NOT? Does type of lash matter?"

They don't ignore all of the Dr, just some of it. Some people say 25% of Dr is applied to lash. Shrugs, test it out yourself.

The type of lash might matter too because corrosive has lowest DR resistance against enemies.

Every time of damage is applied to their specific DR, not the base one.

If you had read the posts here, you should have came to a similar conclusion yourself...

Edited by Ymarsakar

They don't ignore all of the Dr, just some of it. Some people say 25% of Dr is applied to lash. Shrugs, test it out yourself.

IIRC, that was actually confirmed by the devs here on the forums.

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

Indeed. Lash damage only goes against 25% of the target's elemental DR. Should be fairly easy to test in-game if you want to see it with your own eyes.

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

So why is FoD's Lash damage not hitting fire immune targets?  Maybe its treated differently?  I know on my last play through the master below was immune to fire portion of my FoD.  So where Flame Blights.

Have gun will travel.

Maybe it was Yedwens proc bug where it destroys vessel on all enemies and does not proc the fire lash part of FoD...the destroy proc obviously does nothing against non vessels....the Paladin loses out on a lot of damage with Souldbound weapons at the moment...unless they are fighting vessels with Ydwen.  The paralyze proc does the same thing on The Sleeper.

Have gun will travel.

last confirmation: talents givinig elemental damage bonus(like scionf of flame) don't affect secondary=lash? from weapon yup?

so no point to use sword with secondary/lash fire damage  and take scionf of flame talent?

So why is FoD's Lash damage not hitting fire immune targets?  Maybe its treated differently?  I know on my last play through the master below was immune to fire portion of my FoD.  So where Flame Blights.

Immunity isn't DR. It's immunity, something very special. No proc on hits even although I haven't tested that thoroughly, just heard it mentioned.

If they mathed immunity out as say 100 DR, then the lash might still apply damage from fire vs fire dr. But if it is .25 x zero damage (fire damage is negated entirely) then it's still zero damage applied. 

Change the damage type of the lash and it should begin applying, assuming no immunities vs that damage type.

Edited by Ymarsakar
  • Like 1

last confirmation: talents givinig elemental damage bonus(like scionf of flame) don't affect secondary=lash? from weapon yup?

so no point to use sword with secondary/lash fire damage  and take scionf of flame talent?

I took scion of flame as it improves sacred immolation. It also significantly improved FoD. I could just see that the numbers where significantly higher on the fire portion of FoD when I took the talent.

Have gun will travel.

Except one thing. No, Talents that increase Elemental damage does not increase Lash damage.

Also, for all paladins out there, Flames of Devotion acts as a Lash, so.. don't take Scion of Flame, thinking it'll increase your Flame damage.

so that above in this thread was wrong? Flame of Devotion and 50% fire bonus doesn't work as lash fire dmg, just like elemental damage and bonus from talent(Scion of Flame) actually works

Edited by Gs11