scion of flame

Gromnir

Question

is effectively a bump of this thread:

http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/75683-scion-of-flame-heart-of-the-storm-spirit-of-decay-and-secrets-of-rime/?p=1636156

have been attempting to get visible results with priestly flame-based spells, to no avail.  developer feedback regarding what the elemental enhancement talents actual boost would be nice as at the moment there is very little transparency.

wizard spells?  seems to work with wizard and druid spells... maybe.

weapons with burning quality?  no... or at least probable not... perhaps?  

paladin burn abilities?  uhm... probably not.

priest spells?  well, priest spells is complicated 'cause some number o' them somehow get treated as traps, but we can't get positive results for the other priestly fire-based spells either. so which priest spells does scion of flame alter, if any?

oh, and while you are at it, has anybody at obsidian yet explained what interrupting blows talent actually does post the 430 beta?  josh changed interrupt mechanics, and now the interrupting blows talent has no visible impact in the combat log.  have asked literal a dozen times or more 'bout the talent.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

7 answers to this question

Interrupting Blows is currently non-functional.  The problem has been acknowledged ( Taking Interrupting Blows breaks interruption ), but there has been no word that I know of about when it will be fixed.

I haven't seen any official acknowledgement of the problems with the elemental damage talents, or of the apparent miscalculation of damage done with Lightning Strikes.

*chuckle*

is good to see that obsidian finally acknowledged that interrupting blows does nothing.  more than once we pointed out that +15% were a meaningless descriptor after the post 430 beta changes and that regardless, nothing were showing up in the combat log to indicate interrupting blow had any impact.  and am not being hyperbolic when we say we mentioned the interrupt issue a dozen times.  every respec thread had us point out the problem and there were more than a few beta bug threads as well.

the elemental stuff... well, am confused why a developer can't let us know what is and is not affected by the talent.  

HA! Good Fun!

ps after some testing, am reasonably certain that the elemental talents do not alter damage output of priestly seal spells.  however, am still unclear regarding any of the dot burn effects from all priest spells and abilities that include burn.

Edited by Gromnir

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

bump

am gonna keep bumping this as am genuine curious about what the elemental talents modify.  so, until a developer responds...

bump

HA! Good Fun!

bump... 'cause it is monday.

HA! Good Fun!

bump

as an aside, Gromnir is very much aware that josh favors transparency o' mechanics.  not knowing what a talent does would appear to contravene the core design goals o' poe, yes? 

HA! Good Fun!