Start 2nd playthrough, or wait for expansion?

The expansion shouldn't cause any issues, it's meant for people who already finished the game. Patch 1.05 is supposed to bring some nice quality of life improvements, so maybe it's worth waiting for that, but it's up to you. I'm going to wait for the expansion and most patches not because I'm worried something will break, but simply because I don't see myself replaying Pillars so many times as I did the IE games, so I want the game to be as complete as possible before I return to it.

The patch notes for 1.04 are out already and there are hints for 1.05, nothing too specific tho.

For 1.05: Urquhart noting that 1.05, in particular, set to introduce some quality of life improvements. This includes allowing players to change portraits, balance tweaks, and other adjustments based on player feedback.

Edited by dukefx

I think i will wait a bit for at last 1 or 2 patches for a second playthrough, not because i think the game is bad, but i just have so much to play and i´m curious what they will change. The expansion shouldn´t be on your mind, that will take months to finish and you will have enough time for another game ;)

"A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies, the man who never reads lives one."

There's so many things you can try in PoE, like Triple Crown or even Triple Crown Solo. To date, no one has managed to do the latter legitimately, as everyone who has done it has admitted to exploiting the ability to quit while in combat to be able to reload. Even Josh Sawyer admits that TCS might be impossible to do legitimately (Josh Sawyer allegedly admitted exploiting to get the achievement for himself). Triple Crown might be easier (relatively) to do legitimately, though.

By the way...

Triple Crown = Path of the Damned + Expert Mode + Trial of Iron

Triple Crown Solo = Path of the Damned + Expert Mode + Trial of Iron + No Companions Other Than Calisca/Heodan

Edited by Aron Times

There's so many things you can try in PoE, like Triple Crown or even Triple Crown Solo. To date, no one has managed to do the latter legitimately, as everyone who has done it has admitted to exploiting the ability to quit while in combat to be able to reload. Even Josh Sawyer admits that TCS might be impossible to do legitimately (Josh Sawyer allegedly admitted exploiting to get the achievement for himself). Triple Crown might be easier (relatively) to do legitimately, though.

By the way...

Triple Crown = Path of the Damned + Expert Mode + Trial of Iron

Triple Crown Solo = Path of the Damned + Expert Mode + Trial of Iron + No Companions Other Than Calisca/Heodan

I don´t think it counts as exploiting if you work with what the game gives you. I did so many solo runs in BG1 and even more in 2. Which depending on the class, where almost impossible, depending on the situation i would at most call them "loopholes" :D

However when i´m done with the story playthru i will definitely aim for a perfect solo game with the hardest settings possible...that will be a nightmare...and i´m so looking forward to the challenge and i know i will hate and love it :yes:

"A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies, the man who never reads lives one."