Suggestions for the Expansion

More areas is primarily what I want. More areas, more things to do. More people to meet and more quest. Maybe spreading out the damned backer "vision people" that seem to be everywhere. Maybe some explanations as to why you need a bear ass, a rock, and a daffodil to make your average dude killer into a finely made dude killer.

We'll be getting more areas and things to do for sure. How many more areas is the question. I'm hoping we'll only be getting a few new areas that will be very well done, rather than a lot of decent content. 

"Good thing I don't heal my characters or they'd be really hurt." Is not something I should ever be thinking.

I use blue text when I'm being sarcastic.

I would like to see PC actions/Inactions have a major effect on the NPCs and their storyline.

• Example: If you Complete Quest X for Lord YY, Lord YY gains 1 level and an ice wizard as an advisor. This makes Lord YY stronger.

I second, the request for new areas done very well. I would like to encounter new terrain - such as swamps, narrow mountain paths, jungles and deserts with monsters specific to that terrain.

• Example: Giant scorpions that emerge from the desert sands and a Pyramid with ancient tunnels guarded by mummies.
  • Example: A map with a maze of narrow mountain paths with rope bridges and the option, for athletic PCs to climb to bypass the path and climb to a level path.

I would like to see more use of the athletic skill. Swim across a water obstacle if athletics is greater than X. In swamp terrain your off trail movement rate is faster if your athletics is x or higher. Scale the side of a mountain, instead of following the long narrow path up if your athletic skill is high enough (on a mountain trail encounter, allows some PCs to approach from the front while others; with athletic skill, climb the cliff to attack from behind.

More use of the lore skill.  Example, some books are only readable if your lore skill is high enough or you hire a sage to translate it for you. I would like to see lore open up more conversation options. Lore should open up encounter areas on the map, without a prerequisite encounter. Example: Lore 5 opens up knowledge of the Stronghold area without having to encounter Elder. Perhaps a higher lore adds new entries to your cyclopedia or journal with knowledge about a specific noble. As another poster suggested let books reveal new quests or new encounter areas if they can be read or if all three parts of the book are found.

The use of survival skill seems to be limited. I would like to see survival skill impact the chance for a random encounter when traveling from one area to another. Perhaps a high survival skill provides the PC party with an option to avoid a wilderness encounter, a low survival skill has the PC party being ambushed by bandits/creatures while traveling.

Though I like the simplicity of the enchantment process, perhaps a crafting skill should be considered as I am finding that PCs often become Jacks of All Trades. With a crafting skill requirement, they can enchant a weapon if they are skilled in crafting. This would make finding magical weapons more valued, while allowing the player to craft weapons for his needs - if a PC has the skill. Finding a book on a lost art or learning a new craft from a teacher/skilled craftsman can open up more items (weapon types) and enchantments for the knowledgeable crafter to craft.

Edited by EdwinP

I would like to see PC actions/Inactions have a major effect on the NPCs and their storyline.

• Example: If you Complete Quest X for Lord YY, Lord YY gains 1 level and an ice wizard as an advisor. This makes Lord YY stronger.

I second, the request for new areas done very well. I would like to encounter new terrain - such as swamps, narrow mountain paths, jungles and deserts with monsters specific to that terrain.

• Example: Giant scorpions that emerge from the desert sands and a Pyramid with ancient tunnels guarded by mummies.
  • Example: A map with a maze of narrow mountain paths with rope bridges and the option, for athletic PCs to climb to bypass the path and climb to a level path.

I would like to see more use of the athletic skill. Swim across a water obstacle if athletics is greater than X. In swamp terrain your off trail movement rate is faster if your athletics is x or higher. Scale the side of a mountain, instead of following the long narrow path up if your athletic skill is high enough (on a mountain trail encounter, allows some PCs to approach from the front while others; with athletic skill, climb the cliff to attack from behind.

More use of the lore skill.  Example, some books are only readable if your lore skill is high enough or you hire a sage to translate it for you. I would like to see lore open up more conversation options. Lore should open up encounter areas on the map, without a prerequisite encounter. Example: Lore 5 opens up knowledge of the Stronghold area without having to encounter Elder. Perhaps a higher lore adds new entries to your cyclopedia or journal with knowledge about a specific noble. As another poster suggested let books reveal new quests or new encounter areas if they can be read or if all three parts of the book are found.

The use of survival skill seems to be limited. I would like to see survival skill impact the chance for a random encounter when traveling from one area to another. Perhaps a high survival skill provides the PC party with an option to avoid a wilderness encounter, a low survival skill has the PC party being ambushed by bandits/creatures while traveling.

Your requests seem out of the expansion's scope. Remember that this will be a Tales of the Sword Coast style expansion.

Edited by Namutree

"Good thing I don't heal my characters or they'd be really hurt." Is not something I should ever be thinking.

The thing I most want to see in an expansion is like 5 more companions. The wider range of choices in companions--and the consequent greater freedom to then have those companions conflict with each other or storm off in a huff if they don't like your choices--is the thing I find myself missing the most about BG while I play PoE. The companions are fine characters, but I like variety, especially if doing multiple play-throughs.

Here's one, more dialogue for godlike's if it's at all possible. You're supposed to be pariahs (usually).

More reactivity would be nice. This is one of the reason I only want a few more areas. Those few areas will be well designed and have lots of reactivity.