[spoilers] Is it possible to side with Woedica?

I'm not going to bother with spoilers tags since this is a spoiler forum so just assume I wreck every single detail of every possible ending.

In the last few scenes of the main story arc I found myself agreeing with Thaos' motivations, albeit not necessarily his methods.

I convinced Aloth to take up the mantle of the leaden key after Thaos' death and I agreed with him in his conversation options during the final face off.

I was really disappointed that there didn't seem to be any opportunity to be convinced that freeing Woedica is the right idea. I might have been able to be persuaded. Instead he kind of ignores my agreement with continuing to spread religion and just attacks me. I guess because I got too close to him and didn't really agree with his slaughter of countless innocents.

I had high scores in benevolent, honest, diplomatic and rational, so its possible I just didn't play enough of a psychopath to get that option.

I guess I still don't really understand Thaos' motivations for siding with Woedica and why the Leaden Key would sacrifice themselves just to provide her with souls. Isn't the huge mob of Leaden Key that sacrificed themselves in the huge chamber at the end in the final vision the Engwithans who invented the gods in the first place? I'm sure I'm missing something about that. I'll probably be able to figure it out on my next play through.

Anyway I'm a little disappointed that there didn't seem to be an option to side with Woedica. Maybe they tried to make it so her side was always too horrible to consider. But I did agree that Thaos was doing the right thing by supporting the gods and preserving them.

fwiw, I would go exactly the opposite direction, and tear down all the gods.

nothing but constructs, all of them.  all corrupt.

have a world ruled by wizard magic, nature magic, and science.

but that's just me.

I'm more of a Michael Moorc0ck fan.

frankly, I would have converted Thaos to MY cause.

Edited by Ichthyic
  • Like 1

perect example...

at one point (after you finish the sanitarium), Thaos appears to you and says:

"The gods... do not judge our actions by their outcomes.  They judge them by our reasons.  Act out of love for the gods, and you can never be wrong in their sight."

ugh, what utter nonsense.  if your philosophy on life has your actions not being judged by their outcomes?  that's an utter failure to learn from your mistakes.  ...and then excusing that failure because you've convinced yourself some deity loves you.

that, my friend, is exactly why religion has failed humanity throughout history.  that.  right there.

even if there WERE real gods, this kind of "outcome irrelevant" thinking would ALWAYS inhibit learning and progress.

best to tear down the gods, so there are no excuses for not learning from bad outcomes.

Edited by Ichthyic

I was really disappointed that there didn't seem to be any opportunity to be convinced that freeing Woedica is the right idea. I might have been able to be persuaded. Instead he kind of ignores my agreement with continuing to spread religion and just attacks me. I guess because I got too close to him and didn't really agree with his slaughter of countless innocents.

I had high scores in benevolent, honest, diplomatic and rational, so its possible I just didn't play enough of a psychopath to get that option.

... Isn't the huge mob of Leaden Key that sacrificed themselves in the huge chamber at the end in the final vision the Engwithans who invented the gods in the first place? ...

Anyway I'm a little disappointed that there didn't seem to be an option to side with Woedica. Maybe they tried to make it so her side was always too horrible to consider. But I did agree that Thaos was doing the right thing by supporting the gods and preserving them.

I didn't even play bloodthirsty and cruel in any way, I was simply mostly Passionate, Clever and even Honest, and I got the option to side with Woedica. Maybe they though it wasn't rational? :D

So I think that it's definitely your dispositions that prevented you from seeing that end.

And yes, I think what you're seeing is the actual creation of the god-machines and the Engwithans sacrificed to do so.

Therefore I have sailed the seas and come

To the holy city of Byzantium. -W.B. Yeats

Χριστός ἀνέστη!

So did I (with a high score in Clever as well), yet I was offered the option to restore Woedica, so it must be some other factors.

Ditto for the "god-machine creation" interpretation.

Did that... got the offer.

Didn't take him up on it though...

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

I never got the option... I had just about a point in everything, but I was maxed (4 pts) in Benevolent. Maybe that was it?

How can anyone in their right mind try to ship a multimillion dollar product without making absolutely sure that they don't upset all their players with a degree in Medieval English Linguistics?

I never got the option... I had just about a point in everything, but I was maxed (4 pts) in Benevolent. Maybe that was it?

One of my characters had 4 point in benevolent, honest, diplomatic and clever and she still got the offer to help Woedica, she also killed all the Skanites. Maybe you need to do that quest for that group of gods where Skaen is one or maybe you just encountered some scripting bug which caused that said conversation didn't pop up.

Edited by Elerond