unable to attack or cast spells

whispx

Question

im playing a lvl 6 wizard and is currently getting a recurring bug where in the middle of a fight i cant cast any spells or attack. It will show the attack/casting animations but it will not show the projectiles/spell animations and the spell counter stays the same. A quick reload will solve the problem. 

I think its the spell "Kalakoth's Minor Blights" that is causing this but im not 100% sure because sometimes i get the bug right when i cast the spell, but other times it will work for a while before it bugs out, it always will tho.

im playing on PoTD and is unable to complete long fights because of this.

4 answers to this question

Hey whispx,

The bug is triggering when the spell ends. After Kalakoth's Minor Blights ends and the wand disappears it stops the wizard from taking any more actions. I've added this issue to our database and we will work for a fix in a future patch.

Thanks

im afraid thats not the bug im talking about.

I did some testing on a group of five mobs. The bug is caused by a chill fog tick while kalakoth's minor blights is active. The dmg from the chill fog tick is a combination of miss' and graze's if thats relevant at all. 

Alrighty,

I was incorrect before. I took another look at this issue and realized I missed a step. After you cast Kalakoth's Minor Blights if your character becomes charmed, you won't be able to take any actions after the Kalakoth's Minor Blights duration ends. I did not confirm but I'm assuming other status effects while you are under the influence of Kalakoth's Minor Blights may also cause this issue.

I have same issue. It is exactly as whispx described:

The bug is caused by a chill fog tick while kalakoth's minor blights is active. And when bug apears my wizard cant casts any spells or attack during all fight. It will show the attack/casting animations but it will not show the projectiles/spell animations and the spell counter stays the same. 

And the bug  is not about being charmed or whatever. It exactly as he described. Take one wizard. Several mobs. One or two sumons on your side.  Chill fog and kalakoth's minor blights. Thats all ingridient.