Character AI and cloaks and amulets?

What's going on here?

I just recently started playing this game after being blessed with the EI Mod

and have discovered I cant wear a cloak and an amulet at the same time and none of my characters have AI?

Or maybe I'm just missing something?

What's going on here?

I just recently started playing this game after being blessed with the EI Mod

and have discovered I cant wear a cloak and an amulet at the same time and none of my characters have AI?

Or maybe I'm just missing something?

For some strange reason, no, you can't wear both a cloak and an amulet.

As for the AI, no, there is none, because you're meant to play the game yourself, not automate the computer to do it for you.

I for one am happy an amulet precludes a cloak and visa versa. I don't like the look of the cloaks for every character and I'd feel compelled to use one for stat boosts if a separate slott were available.

This is a fair point, but a better counterpoint might be to point out that a "Hide Cloak" and a "Hide Helmet" function is rather common, and they should be in PoE too. I personally do not like to use such functions (because I like it when I can see what I wear, even when it looks stupid) but it isn't unreasonable.

Edited by Luckmann

t50aJUd.jpg

^This.

Hide Cloak and Hide Helmet are standard features in modern CRPGs.

Personal taste and all that.

I really hate the Cloak/Amulet thing, personally.  The limitation seems pretty weird.  I wonder if it is somehow a limitation in the GUI?

I mean...nobody in their right mind would purposely design something like this...right?  Perhaps they did not have enough zots to put in the extra slot?!?

I dunno.

and have discovered I cant wear a cloak and an amulet at the same time

Yeah, cloak and amulet take up the same slot. It's not intuitive

For some strange reason, no, you can't wear both a cloak and an amulet.

I really hate the Cloak/Amulet thing, personally.  The limitation seems pretty weird.  I wonder if it is somehow a limitation in the GUI?

I mean...nobody in their right mind would purposely design something like this...right?  Perhaps they did not have enough zots to put in the extra slot?!?

Well, just in case you guys really don't understand the logic of why cloak and amulet take up the same spot (as opposed to just disagreeing with the decision)... I assume it's because they would take up generally the same area on the character. The cloak is held in place with a clasp/brooch which will be in the same area where an amulet would rest (upper chest/neck). Assuming that all of these magical items are rather large and as such having too many on the same body part wouldn't make too much sense (and would be overly complicated gameplay-wise) is usually the reason for limiting the number of these items that can be equipped to a particular area at one time.

EDIT: not sure how to brooch the subject, but I wrote broach instead of brooch ;)

Edited by GrinningReaper659

"Forsooth, methinks you are no ordinary talking chicken!"

-Protagonist, Baldur's Gate