Retaliation

lord_wc

Question

I have sanguine plate on my tank. If I try to buff him with a single target buff with another party member he retaliates and damages the caster. I really hope this is not intentional but in that case it just baffles me how this could be overlooked.

8 answers to this question

Confirmed for :lay on hands (even from range), Tactical Meld (cypher) from range, Detonate (cypher) from range

Same goes for Sura's Supper Plate,so it isnt an item bug,but a bug affecting retaliation property

PIllars of eternty (Hard) 1st playtrough: 155h, 38 m (main Ranger with bear(bow), Eder, Durance(off tank), Hirvais(off tank), Kana(ranged), Aloth/GM)
PIllars of eternty (PtoD) 2nd playtrough: 88h 30 m (main Bleak Walker Paladin, Eder, Barbarian, Monk, Rogue (ranged) Cypher(wand)
(not counting reloads and experimenting)
status i love the game, hate the bugs, and wish for better AI and Pathfinding

http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/78749-needed-qualyty-of-life-improvements-information-and-transparency/

I can't seem to repro this issue using Durance to buff my main who's wearing the Sanguine Plate and I don't have a cipher in my party.

Could any of you repro with a priest?

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

Confirmed with Barring Deaths Door, Champions Boon, DUrance vs adenturer wearing Sanguine Plate

PIllars of eternty (Hard) 1st playtrough: 155h, 38 m (main Ranger with bear(bow), Eder, Durance(off tank), Hirvais(off tank), Kana(ranged), Aloth/GM)
PIllars of eternty (PtoD) 2nd playtrough: 88h 30 m (main Bleak Walker Paladin, Eder, Barbarian, Monk, Rogue (ranged) Cypher(wand)
(not counting reloads and experimenting)
status i love the game, hate the bugs, and wish for better AI and Pathfinding

http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/78749-needed-qualyty-of-life-improvements-information-and-transparency/

Just managed to repro using Champion's Boon.

SAVED GAME: link

REPRO STEPS:

Load the attached saved game.

Access the inventory and observe that the protagonist is wearing the Sanguine Plate, which has the "Retaliation" ability.

Talk with the Glanfathans and start a fight.

During the fight, select Durance and cast the 5th level spell "Champion's Boon" on the protagonist.

As soon as the spell is cast, pause the game and check the combat log.

Observe that Durance took damage from the protagonist owing to the Sanguine Plate's "Retailiation" ability. (Screenshot)

The ability should only retaliate against attacks / harmful actions.

• Like 1

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus