EI Mod and my opinions

if you guys are going to implement AI, id vote for a Encounter based spells for enemies, if its possible later

its ridiculous to see(even on easy) a Single cean gwla spamming 4 or 5 stacked paralyzes at the same time, or Clerics doing the same with Holy Radiance

Edited by Shadow_Arms
  • Like 1

if you guys are going to implement AI, id vote for a Encounter based spells for enemies, if its possible later

its ridiculous to see(even on easy) a Single cean gwla spamming 4 or 5 stacked paralyzes at the same time, or Clerics doing the same with Holy Radiance

Or xaurip champions spamming Lay Hands.

auuuuuugh

• Like 1

If I'm typing in red, it means I'm being sarcastic. But not this time.

Dark green, on the other hand, is for jokes and irony in general.

Or xaurip champions spamming Lay Hands.

auuuuuugh

Agreed. AI having infinite spells or abilities that aren't key to their physiology or something like that is just straight-up unforgiveable.

t50aJUd.jpg

The "Copy/Paste" and "Tank and Spank" issues were present since day 1 of Beta... they improved AI to some extent. But none of it matters matters when the same basic strategy works on everything. 

"-Tank and Spank: The quest to find the daughter, beetles and all... combat was pretty easy and straightforward. 95% of the fights felt like tank and spank. My tank stood still and got hit while everyone else got naked and used a ranged weapon. If there were a lot of mobs I would use CC."

http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/67188-completed-playthrough-feedback-257/

I've said it before... this is not the game that it was hyped to be. Anyone with half a brain figures it out and rinse and repeats to victory. How did all these "hardcore" "old school" developers not realize that the combat is just the same thing over and over and over again? And why didn't the beta community bitch more about this... arguably the most important aspect of the game. 

I've had more fun trying to solo/duo easy mode than with a full party on hard. The addition of more enemies with increased difficulty is just as bad as increasing health pools. The more enemies there are you are just forced into more specific boring strategies... cheese mode doorways or AOE CC.

If a Mod is going to fix this they have a lot of work ahead of them. I don't have my hopes up, especially since unity seems to be a pain to deal with. 

Edited by Bazy
  • Like 1

Even with my suggestions for a flat base deflection score for all classes the individual deflection scores between tanks and non-tanks would still be different due to talents and abilities alone (defense posture, etc.). The point I'm trying to make here is: there is literally no reason why classes should have different base deflection scores if the class abilities alone already provide a significant difference in deflection scores. Why pigeonhole classes into the tanking role and DPS role and the opposite? This is MMO-thinking. Why not allow me to create some unusual hybrids due to my talent and armor choices?

I'd love to build a tanky wizard that uses defensive spells only. But I am already severely punished in base deflection just for selecting the wizard class alone. On top of that, I even get punished on top of that for wearing a shield and armor with no way to counter it. 

As I said, I think this will eventually come down to a difference of opinion/preference. I have no issue whatsoever with classes having different base Accuracy and Deflection scores. I like it.

It makes sense to me that a wizard and a fighter will have differing natural levels of ability to deflect attacks. That's what the fighter class is - a person who has trained to be able to fight better than others. Why in the world would a wizard have a better natural ability to deflect attacks? And it's not like wizards can't make up for it with abilities - fighters may get Defender, but both classes have access to Improved Deflection, and wizards have a whole host of spells that improve their own survivability. In fact, I'd venture to say that wizards have more abilities that provide Deflection than fighters. Many, many more. The different base Deflection scores is part of what differentiates the classes. If fighters and wizards had the same base Deflection, wizards would probably be better tanks (at least from a Deflection standpoint, they still have crap Health). 

Speaking of Health.. I could actually sort of see an argument for flattening the differences in Endurance/Health before flattening the Deflection differences. It makes more sense. Although I'm not a fan of either tbh. The classes are distinct, and this is a good thing. You can build a tanky wizard if you want - there are tons of defensive wizard spells available to help with that. But I see no reason whatsoever that a wizard should be naturally as good at blocking blows as a fighter. It's nonsensical to me.

I actually tried building a tank wizard yesterday (in PotD because I only play PotD) and played it for a couple of hours. Actually, I was pretty amazed at how usable the results were, even at level 4 and below.

There's plenty of spells that - while obviously meant as "oh ****"-spells - become really hardcore as soon as you build your wizard in a tanky way. Most of them last long enough to get you through an entire battle (several 60 second duration spells). Arcane Veil is a little bit underwhelming, though, due to it's low duration so I only selected it as an emergency filler as it has no cast time and seems to ignore recovery times.

It's extremely fun and I definitely recommend trying it once. Just stack Resolve and Int like there's no tomorrow (you gonna need that extra duration, concentration and extra deflection) and you're pretty much good to go. Also notice that there's a set of higher level talents that buff the cast time of your primary defensive spells that you might want to pick later on.

Mentionable first level spells:

Spirit Shield: grants +30 concentration and additional +3 DR. Absolute no-brainer. You can either pop it on top of your plate armor or use a weaker armor type for boosted recovery and use it to compensate the DR loss.

Concelhaut's Parasitic Staff: nice for the endurance steal, it's basicly a third free weapon slot with +range if you don't need to tank in one encounter.

Wizard's Double: +20 deflection until hit... haven't use it much, but it might become interesting at level 9 when your first level spells become per-encounter

Second level spells:

Bulwark Against The Elements: +15 DR for every element ... HOLY ****! this spell is OP as **** in a tank build. Any enemy with elemental damage (like Shadows) pretty much becomes useless if you pop this (on top of existing DRs from armors).

Infuse with Vital Essence: +50 health and endurance... a must have against larger enemy groups, especially since you probably won't take Constitution for this build (with the low base health and endurance, why would you?)... too bad you can't use it to heal yourself once the spell fades (it sets you to the relative health percentage, not the absolute health you have at that time)

Mirrored Image: Now we're talking! +20 deflection for 60 seconds, but gets reduced with every hit. Not so great against larger packs but nice to have against single hard-hitters or when you're Llengrath's Displaced Image spell slots are depleted.

Concelhaut's Corrosive Siphon: Deals damage and replenishes endurance. Nice against hard-hitters, but I found that replenishing endurance isn't that great on a tank wizard, since you have a low health pool anyway... it's better to avoid damage than to heal it.

Third level spells:

Llengrath's Displaced Image: +20 deflection and extra reflexes unconditionally. Your primary defense spell.

Concelhaut's Draining Touch: See Corrosive Siphon... you will probably use all your spell slots on Displaced Image anyway.

I haven't tried level 4 and beyond yet, but I see that there's a ****load more spells that come farther down the line, like Ironskin, Flame Shield and Dimensional Shift.

So far, from what I've seen, this works pretty good. Obviously, you will use a second tank when using this build, simply to reduce rest spam a little. But still the overall performance of this build makes me curious on how it will play out at higher levels...

Pros:

- Comparable deflection to a Fighter when buffed (You lose 15 deflection for being a wizard, but you gain 20 from your defensive spells; Fighter still comes out ahead due to defensive posture and the fighter exclusive talent associated with it ... but there's also Improved Arcane Veil for a whopping +45 deflection and the defensive modal (that btw doesn't stack with the defender modal of fighters, so it's actually worth taking on a tank wiz, as they don't have any modals))

- Free third weapon slot with summonable weapon

- Higher DR score than any other class; insane elemental resistances (You can pretty much solo shadows and phantoms...)

- Swapping spellbooks allows you to cast your defensive spells, then swap to an offensive grimoire to deal damage

- It's way more fun than any of the 3 other tank classes

- You get all the wizard goodness and still save a tank slot

Cons:

- You're forced to rest at least every 4 major encounters (one Displaced Image per fight and your health running out pretty fast) ... which makes this build bad for steamrolling through lower difficulty settings. On PotD, you'll probably end up resting every 4 battles anyway, so it won't make that much of a difference.

- First four levels are tough. But there's always Eder for that. Good thing that on these levels Shadows are your most frequent enemies and you have Bullwark Against Elements here.

- Let's be perfectly honest: a perfect fighter tank build is much easier to play and probably also more effective. But it's also extremely boring.

Edited by Zwiebelchen
  • Like 3

But the BG2 battles were more chess because of pre buffs. Not only on your party but almost all enemy Wizards were pre buffed. And you had to know the right spell combo to take down there defenses. And of course before you did that they could wreck your party if you weren't managing your melee and ranged characters and casting spells.

Compared to IWD 1 where there are basically no Wizards in the entire game. The battles are completely different. Because you are using a completely different set of spells. And then IWD with HOF you are using debuffs and summons because all damage spells are pointless.

It would be good if enemy ranged attacked party ranged and enemy casters attacked party casters first. Make battles more interesting. 

Guest 4ward

why couldn’t Obsidian simply let decide the player if he wants to get engaged or not? Why is it an automatic? You don’t engage to someone automatically, you decide it for yourself when you’re ready. All those ‘disengaging abilities’ could have been ‘engaging abilities’ (plus ‘disengaging’). Then opponents with nasty abilities are possible. Or tough enemy humanoids with powerful gear, they don’t necessarily have to have 'engage/disengage' abilities, they make up for it with their gear and/or nasty stat-lowering things or crowd control. So you’re rushed by 3 vampires with level drain from BG2, you then decide if you use your ability on them and when you do you’re in melee but it’s up to you, the player! Btw, could those abilities not have been stat dependent instead of class dependent? If i create a melee mage with 18 might should he not be able to push back an enemy like the fighter?

Btw, could those abilities not have been stat dependent instead of class dependent? If i create a melee mage with 18 might should he not be able to push back an enemy like the fighter?

Because fighters are good at fighting and wizards are good at magic. If you're offering all talents to all classes, you might as well not have classes in the first place. (Which is not a bad idea by any means, but would have made the character system rather different.)

• Like 2

I have a project. It's a tabletop RPG. It's free. It's a work in progress. Find it here: www.brikoleur.com

I agree with everything Sensuki said about the game. I'm playing through it but feel it's not as good as the previous IE games. Combat is copy paste and if you send a tank up front and have a firing squad of 5 party members some distance away shooting everything, it's all very easy. So much so that I don't have my firing squad wear any armour. The A.I is exploitable even if you try not to exploit it. The A.I. is just plain dumb.

One of the things I do miss is the town/city life of the BG games, the banter and chatter, the hawkers trying to sell their wares, the voices that carry from out of nowhere that make the towns and cities feel alive. Just the hustle and bustle of life. This is missing in PoE. It's just music and rarely I hear someone speak. Most of town/city NPCs just stand there and pretty much do nothing. And most don't even walk or turn around when you click on them. And some areas of Defiance Bay feel deserted.

I find all the kickstarter NPCs kind of annoying.

I can forgive most as replacements for crowd NPCs, but I find it very odd that so many are godlike. You'd expect such beings to be pretty rare and in-game dialogue (when it does pop up) about godlike make it seem that way, but kickstarter NPCs with flaming or blue heads litter the place ruining the feel of the race.

Edited by Beastro

I agree with everything Sensuki said about the game. I'm playing through it but feel it's not as good as the previous IE games. Combat is copy paste and if you send a tank up front and have a firing squad of 5 party members some distance away shooting everything, it's all very easy. So much so that I don't have my firing squad wear any armour. The A.I is exploitable even if you try not to exploit it. The A.I. is just plain dumb.

One of the things I do miss is the town/city life of the BG games, the banter and chatter, the hawkers trying to sell their wares, the voices that carry from out of nowhere that make the towns and cities feel alive. Just the hustle and bustle of life. This is missing in PoE. It's just music and rarely I hear someone speak. Most of town/city NPCs just stand there and pretty much do nothing. And most don't even walk or turn around when you click on them. And some areas of Defiance Bay feel deserted.

I can forgive most as replacements for crowd NPCs, but I find it very odd that so many are godlike. You'd expect such beings to be pretty rare and in-game dialogue (when it does pop up) about godlike make it seem that way, but kickstarter NPCs with flaming or blue heads litter the place ruining the feel of the race.

This is the biggest problem IMO. They really should've either closed godlikes off to the backer NPCs, or maybe had a random drawing for 3 possible backer NPC godlikes. The amount currently within the game ruins verisimilitude completely.

• Like 1

When playing other games I do the same thing, I do the things that make the most sense to win the game within the rules of the game.

And sneer at others when they do the same (e.g. rest-spam). Classy.

As much as I agree with Sensuki over a lot about this game, he's clearly an elitist that focuses entirely on what he enjoys in these sorts of games. The problem is him lording over others and acting like he's something different.

He's not.

A massive part of all, games and competition in general, is finding advantages and pushing them to crush your enemies, the more novel and ingenious they are the more enjoyment is to be had. It's why I love unbalanced games so much and why I'm struggling with this one, balanced games restrict good choices and what you're able to pull off as much as they prevent you from screwing things up so they make the game feel generic.

I think I'm fairly odd for a poster here as I'm neither a DnD fan nor a player of IE games, but am a diehard lover of classic Everquest which has mechanical roots in DnD where people found enjoyment from excelling at breaking content like soloing where you shouldn't, like using charm to do high end content, quad kiting mobs or solo dozens of mobs by kiting as a bard (kiting and other "exploits" in EQ were so necessary to do things they became legit, like exploiting the AI and feign death to split encounters or using half a dozen Clerics doing a Complete Heal chain against raid mobs because they were impossible to play the way they were designed).

In EQ and these kinds of games I enjoy finding crazy ways of overcoming challenges and hence why I like to so EQish things like pulling and slipping groups of mobs and such, but find it hard to find novel things to do because certain mechanics penalize like engagement freezing combat.

What it comes down to with Sensuki and most people as a whole is that it takes no skill or thinking to do something like rest spam while his own flavour of exploiting does, his problem further comes from looking on other forms of exploiting as below him because they don't require as much as skill as his own niche exploits do - it's the same sort of snobbery that EQ had with bard's and their massive AE kiting or Necros able to solo most encounters and do it quicker than whole groups at times.

• Like 1

This is the biggest problem IMO. They really should've either closed godlikes off to the backer NPCs, or maybe had a random drawing for 3 possible backer NPC godlikes. The amount currently within the game ruins verisimilitude completely.

It further damages the game because it gives off a feel that MMOs do only without the things they have that compensate.

Even if you try to RP these characters as part of the "organic" game world they still are unique enough to stand out given their design and clothing no differently than if you had someone put in their own uniquely designed character to stand around our world everyone would recognize as being abnormal. The thing with MMO characters is that each and everyone of them are under someone's control so they make up for being "artificial" injections into the game by being independent and creating their own ebb and flow of life to the world, cities like Ogrammar in WoW or Freeport in Everquest having people running in to bank or meet with friends or people sitting around AFK or talking to each other.

The problem in this game is these characters aren't independent and are just lifeless lawn furnature scattered about the game world that constantly remind you that this is not only just a game, but a kickstarted game.

With that said, I have zero problem with the gravemarks listing backers since once you know what they are you can avoid clicking them thinking they' might contain something pertaining to the game and not have them intrude into your gameplay.

Edited by Beastro

So, I'm about to head into a really dangerous situation against an enemy of unknown abilities. I have no idea of the reception that I'm going to get. It might be positive, it might be negative. Who the hell knows? But one thing I do know -- he has a bunch of mates with him. Lots and lots of the buggers.

But, hey, I have some mates along to give me back-up and I know they'll have my back if it comes to crossing swords.

What about them? They could come along and stand shoulder-to-shoulder with me if worst comes to worst, right? That would make sense, right?

Hell no, I'll leave them behind and march up all by myself to confront this evil dictator! Sure that bad guy has a dozen offsiders but I'll be fine up there all on my lonesome. Right?

Sold! I'll buy 100 of those strategies at 100cp a-piece.

That's why I think it's cheesey. I don't feel it's a realistic reaction.

Again, if that's what others want to do, that's fine. But for RP reasons (and the RP element is fairly important to me), I don't think it floats at all.

I'm sorry, but this simply doesn't make sense to me -- at least, not unless you have a party where all members are equally able to accept / resist / deal with damage, especially from melee.  That would be an unusual party configuration in PoE (or just about any cRPG).

A more typical party configuration will have one (maybe two) people that are far more capable of dealing with melee attacks, 2-3 characters that have some resistance to damage, and 2-3 characters that have practically no ability to resist damage.  Not surprisingly, the different characters have different preferred engagement models:  the better a character can deal with melee damage, the more likely they are to making melee attacks themselves (& vice versa).

To take a real-world example, if the police are negotiating with an armed suspect and have a sniper available to them, should they send the sniper in (rather than positioned on, say, a nearby rooftop) with the negotiation team, because otherwise the negotiation team will feel unprotected?

Now, I could understand if Lord whatever refused to talk to the parties "designated representative" while the remainder of the party readied weapons in an obvious preparation of an attack, but the only change versus the current situation (for me) would be that I wouldn't go through the dialog (or, perhaps, I'd go through the dialog, then restore and not go through the dialog). 

I've rarely seen a situation in a cRPG where "This is going to end in combat" is more obvious -- the whole reason (the only reason) that you were able to enter the castle in the first place is because someone asked you to assassinate him.  On top of that, you've either 1) Butchered a large number of guards or 2) Infiltrated the castle by stealth and deceit in order to get to the throne room -- there is no option, for example, to present yourself at the front door and say "Hey, did you know that someone is going around trying to recruit assassins to kill you".

Given the situation, even if the lord reputation was completely unearned (and it isn't -- many, many people tell you that the lord is, at best, mentally disturbed) the setup is so unfavorable to a peaceful resolution that I don't see how any reasonable person can argue that conflict is certainly likely to occur.

For the record:  The very first time I played this encounter (completely cold, no walkthroughs, spoilers of any sort) I did in fact send in Eder by himself with the remainder of the party remaining at the foot of the stairs leading up to the dias.  I believe that I won it on the first try, to, but just by the skin of my teeth (one character still standing).

There are ways to game mechanics, but sending one person into a situation like this isn't one of them. There's a reason why people do this sort of thigns in real life parleying and having an ambassador, the only difference is the focus is much smaller and one of your half dozen party members is more valuable than a dignitary so you're going to send in the one that will stand the best chance of surviving until the rest notice that things have gone south and rush in to save his ass.

As for tanking problems. Someone mentioned Dragon Ages aggro system which is essentially like Everquests, only Everquest mobs are so powerful at higher levels and casters so weak they could easily one round damage dealing classes like Wizards forcing groups and much of the game to center around crowd control, damage and aggro control being a crucial subset of this with classes having party roles and specializations.

A good example would be: Monk goes to pull. Aggros 8 mobs so hits feign death until the mobs walk back to their spawn one by one enough times that they split up and have a few be far enough away that they won't reaggro when the last guy is attacked. Monk then draws that mob back only for two more to be close enough to join it. Off tank Shadowknight or Paladin and rushes to grab the adds attention while the Enchanter mezzes each in turn letting the offtank know when the spell is about to hit so they can stop attacking and not break the mez. While this is going on the main tank is the only one fighting the main target to build aggro until he has enough that the party can cast high aggro spells like the Shaman or Enchanter slowing the mob and the Wizard and Rogue burning it down with their DPS killing it before moving on to the next target, only the Rogue engaged too soon and got one too many crits in aggroing the mob and dropping him before the Cleric or Shaman could get a heal in.

Now as much as this game is lacking on complexity like this I still find myself unconsciously playing this style because it was so absolutely necessary in EQ and was the hallmark of competence for any class, be it a DPS one that could control their aggro and still burn mobs down or a tank that could maintain aggro while the newbie Wiz in their group kept over nuking.

Random enemies spawning at random without any rhyme or reason is the worst kind of lazy game design, all the way up there with inflated numbers. Having enemies pop up from nowhere in the middle of a battle would have me shutting down the game in sheer disgust.

It works in a limited capacity when it makes sense, but the way you describe it, it just sounds like DA2:s nonsensical and random teleportation of enemies into battle.

First thing that comes to mind is that once you know this is about to happen you'll prepare for it and then it just becomes another bit of tedium to factor in like EQ and rampage cycles that only killed people too AFK to pay attention and turn off auto attack so as not to be countered.

A better idea would be more mobs on wandering routes. Not simply more but longer routes and maybe ones that are randomized. EQ had this in edition to spawn times forcing dungeon crawling groups to run from spawn point to spawn point staying alert as to when they last killed nearby mobs and wnaderers and preparing for them.

There was always a oddly perverse, yet thrilling dread that came with the group being locked in combat, then becoming aware of a wanderer inching closer and closer and trying to prepare for it on the fly, or the quick panic that came from one rushing up behind and taking out the Cleric, the main healer, or the Enchanter and so preventing it from really being CCed (and the pride in facing that and beating it if you could).

Fampyrs also charm your characters, which can pose some risk as well (although some other enemies are better at it).

It's an annoyance at best and other just renders the character impotent until it wears off.

They always, always target Aloth, which when charmed, then switches from his crossbow to his melee wep and shield and does **** all attacking because I give him the worst melee weps I can get since I only use the shield for when he's being beaten on. The the charm wears off, I switch him back to his ranged and go back to normal until it charms him again.

It would be a completely different thing if charmed party members casted their spells, like Aloth suddenly dropping Slicken on your party, if only to waste your per rest skills.

Yes I do. Pick up some foam swords, try a 2 v 1 fight, you ll see how quickly you die. One free attack is nothing compared to a realistic fight. Also, the engagement system forces you to approach fights with a plan in mind, not blindly rush in and then fix your own mistakes, which means more strategy. And the engagement system also works both ways, to hinder enemies as well.

*Pictures Hoplites slowly stepping back a foot and the first rank falling dead at once when the other side gets a free attack on each of them*

I can see a free attack in a game if you're trying to run your squishes off, but doing small radius movements to find tune the fight like closing up a gap in your hallway blockade shouldn't bring pain on your tanks and drop them. Hell, first playing the game (and the reason why I registered here to complain) I was piss furious that they didn't separate left click for movement and right to issue attack orders because I kept moving my guys trying to click on portraits or on them themselves.

I find the lack of attacks of opportunity to be poor for game balance and my enjoyment.  I don't want to have encounters designed around click-a-thons to move characters around, which is the practical consequence of no engagement.  Basically, it's just replacing the PoE status quo with a more kinetic, butin my mind far more gamey, alternative.  It's also certainly true that D&D has gone back and forth on this - none in 2nd and 3rd ed, but it's definitely in 3.5.  Don't know about 4.0 and 5.0.

Others feel differently, of course, and I don't think that there is a right and a wrong here (ditto for, say, turn based vs. real time with pause.)  But if you remove penalties for running away out of melee range, you are designing your game around the idea that people will spend a lot of time leading the AI on chases.

I'd personally want dynamic combat that changes over the course of a fight, not everyone cemented in place.

I play with IE mod turning off engagement, but that doesn't mean I try to exploit and actually wish there was a middle ground. I'd really wish there was a restriction where I could move only so far in a given time, that way I could slowly shift and evolve a fight as I require while preventing someone from beating on my druid and allowing me to just have him run off when he's about to get KOed.

Edited by Beastro

Hmmmm. You don't hear people talking in the background in Defiance Bay? You shouldn't be able understand them, but you should be able to hear what sounds like lots of people talking in a city...

If you turn the music off, is it silent? Maybe you've encountered a bug?

The problem with defiance bay is not just that you don't her people as abient. Is much more, and it was the thing I liked least on the game. If you care about my feedback check here (you can skip down to the Defiance Bay feedback if you're bored reading the rest of the stuff. It's highlighed).

http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/77841-i-finally-finished-the-game-and-heres-what-i-liked-and-didnt-like-about-it/?do=findComment&comment=1664797

*looks at his 90 hour playtime*

Do tell me what modern RPG tops that... heck, makes it 'short' in comparrison.

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

I'm not saying the game is short, or long. I haven't finished it yet.

However, all the 'hours played' as indicated by Steam indicates is how long you've had the game running, not how long you've actually played the game.

However, all the 'hours played' as indicated by Steam indicates is how long you've had the game running, not how long you've actually played the game.

Maybe he looked at his savegame?

Mine says 53 hours and I've just entered act 3.

Steam says 164 hours, but that's over multiple characters.

Depends on what you define as RPG, really, but usually Skyrim is a big competitor.

For me, I even consider CK2, but I can totally understand if people strongly disagree with that assessment, so forget that I mentioned it.

Also, both games are open world rpgs with a totally different focus, but I would never agree on the notion that PoE is short. It's not. Eight hours is short, 20 hours for rpgs, I would say, but as soon as you hit 40+ hours you can't possibly mean to say a game, any game, is short.

Yay, my badge :3

Maybe he looked at his savegame?

Mine says 53 hours and I've just entered act 3.

Steam says 164 hours, but that's over multiple characters.

Yea... I misunderstood the post. Nevermind mine.