Contradicting statements?

1. i've heard that the gameplay length in kotor2 will be aprox. the same as in kotor? but mike gallo(i think it was him) also stated that they will add more side quests to kotor2. won't that mean a bigger, and longer, game?

2. this amnesia thing. chris avallone said that there was no amnesia in the game. however, gamespot reports that

"You wake in the medical bay, and the last thing you remember is blacking out in a Republic warship. How you wound up there--and why the heck you're in your skivvies--are mysteries you'll need to sort out"...

loss of memory? did i hear anyone mention amnesia??????????????????? <_< :o;)

"You wake in the medical bay, and the last thing you remember is blacking out in a Republic warship. How you wound up there--and why the heck you're in your skivvies--are mysteries you'll need to sort out"...

loss of memory? did i hear anyone mention amnesia???????????????????

it could just be you were unconscious for a reeally long time.

dumber than a bag of hammers

As I understand the last minute changes, you wake up as a jedi bride after being in a coma from a head wound.

Then you kill a bunch of people.

Let's keep the T&A in FanTAsy

***Posting delayed, user on moderator review***

Why Bio Why?

Guest ADMINHYDROGENSUCKS

1.side quests are not mandatory, they are aside of the quest, not a part of the story mean theres more to do while going on a quest with the minimum of finished things ending the game, all the rest make it more expanded on rather than u need the key, big whoop i can shoot that little bitch in the mean time

2 amnesia, first i heard, but hell ur outta touch with the force, may gain your ideas of it on your way back to greatness

Amnesia whipes out part or all of your memories.

If you black out you will remember everything up to the that specific point. Chris' statement is still correct, there is no amnesia.

*Post edited*

Amnesia whipes out ALL your memories.

If you black out you will remember everything up to the that specific point. Chris' statement is still correct, there is no amnesia.

actually, any kind of memory loss is amnesia.

if you drank too much last night, for instance, you may have amnesia for the period you were too drunk to remember.

which is different from not being able to remember because you were actually unconscious.

although, after some heavy drinking, it's probably a bit of both.

Amnesia whipes out ALL your memories.

Amnesia doesn't exclusively mean ALL memories are gone, get a dictionary.

Let's keep the T&A in FanTAsy

***Posting delayed, user on moderator review***

Why Bio Why?

As I understand the last minute changes, you wake up as a jedi bride after being in a coma from a head wound.

Kinda reminds of "Kill Bill" in some way...

"Ooo, squirrels, Boo! I know I saw them! Quick, throw nuts!" -Minsc

"I am a well-known racist in the Realms! Elves? Dwarves? Ha! Kill'em all! Humans rule! -Me

Volourn will never grow up, he's like the Black Peter Pan, here to tell you that it might be great to always be a child, but everybody around is gonna hate it. :p

Kinda reminds of "Kill Bill" in some way...

what's a "kill bill"?

It may simply be the person playing is ignorant of what has happened up till this point. Not the player character. They might have been saying they have idea why you're in your skivvies and why the Ebon Hawk is like that. Or as someone said the PC may have been knocked unconscious and awakens. That's not memory loss and therefore not amnesia.

Could be that your character has been in a coma for quite some time causing braindamage/detoriation wich would explain the need to "reconnect" to the force and regain your lost abilities...

yeah if you are comatose then you wouldn't have any conscious memory of events that took place while you were out. so it wouldn't be amnesia in the sense of revan having all of his conscious memories wiped away. also i think they're explaining the force thing like muscle atrophy. your muscles still work you just have to retrain them and strengthen them to work like they used to.

I'm more inclined to believe a developer of a game than a magazine...at least I'd hope a developer knows more about there game than a magazine.

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."

- Herman Goering at the Nuremberg trials

"I have also been slowly coming to the realisation that knowledge and happiness are not necessarily coincident, and quite often mutually exclusive" - meta

2. this amnesia thing. chris avallone said that there was no amnesia in the game. however, gamespot reports that

loss of memory? did i hear anyone mention amnesia???????????????????

"blacking out" to me, kinda implies falling unconscious. The failure to retain memory of events that happen when you're unconscious doesn't equate to amnesia.

The player character in KOTOR 1 didn't have amnesia either. He/she had all of his/her memories. They were just fake.

There is a small but profound difference between amnesia and blackouts. Amnesia is loss of memory, unconciosness is not getting any new ones. Sort of like the difference between the Erase and the Pause button ;)

That way, you still know everything you've ever known before. Some events might just have transpired in the meantime while you were busy gathering Z's

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Agreed.

The PC has nothing to forget during the time he's asleep. Read over the sentence again - it says the character doesn't know how they got to where they are at the beginning of the game. One explanation is amnesia, the other is that THEY WEREN'T EVEN CONSCIOUS, and thus totally INCAPABLE of forming memory, and thus incapable of LOSING memory. Do you form memories of everything that happens when you sleep? No. But if that makes you define SLEEPING as having amnesia, well... I don't know what to say to you.

Amnesia, by the dictionary, is the LOSS of memories. Personally, I think it makes more sense for your character to not be pre-defined and for the PC to have some control over who they are. I think of it less as a plot gimmick, and more as a way to allow the game (within reason) to be linear, but still follow a plotline and allow the player to roleplayer their PC as they wish. This is, after all, a game.

As for plot device: well, kinda. Anything you do in a plot can be called a plot device. We'll have to see what they do with it.

Seeing as how we have multiple Sith lords, you may be on to something here.

We'll know if we get attacked by a Dark Jedi in a schoolgirl outfit.

I made this half-pony half-monkey monster to please you

But I get the feeling that you don't like it

What's with all the screaming?

You like monkeys, you like ponies

Maybe you don't like monsters so much

Maybe I used too many monkeys

Isn't it enough to know that I ruined a pony making a gift for you?

what's a "kill bill"?

See Ivan the Terrible's irritating sig animation.

You're off my Christmas card list.

I made this half-pony half-monkey monster to please you

But I get the feeling that you don't like it

What's with all the screaming?

You like monkeys, you like ponies

Maybe you don't like monsters so much

Maybe I used too many monkeys

Isn't it enough to know that I ruined a pony making a gift for you?