How do you use the cloak of the Fox and the Hunter?

kickthezombie

Question

3 answers to this question

weird,i just tested mine (have been carying it in inventorysnce i bought it) and it dooesnt work.
But i distinctly remembering testing it after buying and it did summon a combat able beagle
maybe its an one use item ability*, ug or even 1.03 bug (cince im quite sure i bought it pre patch (done defiance ba major questline proceded to twin elms, cleared endles paths (not the boss though yet) since i bought it

*not sure if i tested it and then loaded, but it is probably the case since testingit would include attacking the shopwner to initiate combat totest it

** decription isnt in line with summoning figurines notdoes it say minor/major spellbind

i have a simmilar issue with good friend crossbow, it has minor sopellbind holy power but no icon appears when its equipped (not sure was if that was the case sine i got it though)

it is not connected to clas though since i have the same party conposition as before and i tried it out on every character. resting doesnt help

BUT* (tested as i was writting this, saving while equipped then loading thid grant mi both the summon and holy power abilities, so thisis a workaround dont know how reliable though)

PIllars of eternty (Hard) 1st playtrough: 155h, 38 m (main Ranger with bear(bow), Eder, Durance(off tank), Hirvais(off tank), Kana(ranged), Aloth/GM)
PIllars of eternty (PtoD) 2nd playtrough: 88h 30 m (main Bleak Walker Paladin, Eder, Barbarian, Monk, Rogue (ranged) Cypher(wand)
(not counting reloads and experimenting)
status i love the game, hate the bugs, and wish for better AI and Pathfinding

http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/78749-needed-qualyty-of-life-improvements-information-and-transparency/

I'm still running release version, and it is a one use per rest item, like all summon items.

I notice some per rest items require you to equip them and then rest to activate the first time.

and some require you to rest, and then save and reload in order to activate.

so.. try that?  put the cloak on.  rest.  save and reload.

my workaround testingwas like this-enter the inn-rest=n ablity. start a fight to seifit would turn up after the fight=no ability
reload autosave (before resting=ability

and even if it doesenthave uses left it should show but be grayed out and showin no charges.

PIllars of eternty (Hard) 1st playtrough: 155h, 38 m (main Ranger with bear(bow), Eder, Durance(off tank), Hirvais(off tank), Kana(ranged), Aloth/GM)
PIllars of eternty (PtoD) 2nd playtrough: 88h 30 m (main Bleak Walker Paladin, Eder, Barbarian, Monk, Rogue (ranged) Cypher(wand)
(not counting reloads and experimenting)
status i love the game, hate the bugs, and wish for better AI and Pathfinding

http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/78749-needed-qualyty-of-life-improvements-information-and-transparency/