Bug: enemy paladins strip away "Deep pockets" and weapons slots

byrningman

Question

I have not seen this bug mentioned elsewhere, but it has affected me several times playing the Mac version of the game.

In Noonfrost, the enemy paladins have a debuff power that they use on your party. Sorry, I forget this power's name, but it comes with a descending dark cloud animation on the affected character, and the paladins in Noonfrost tend to use it every time you fight them. This power strips away the extra item slots granted by the "deep pockets" talent -- it has happened to both my PC and to the narrative NPCs in my party. On one occasion, it even stripped away the Kana NPC's third weapon slot! At least, I am assuming that it was the same bug in effect that removed his weapon slot, since that also happened at Noonfrost. As a result, I checked my party after each combat in Noonfrost, and reloaded a save if this happened. Unfortunately it is stuck on my PC -- they've lost the two item slots granted by Deep Pockets, but I'm going to continue and complete the game at this point.

When looking at the character sheets: the "deep pockets" effect is not listed under the list of effects currently affecting that character, though it is still listed under talents.

8 answers to this question

I have also noticed this since the last patch. At first I thought it might have been a correction because deep pockets had given too many slots, but then realised I had been reverted to the starting four. This is pretty significant for me since I'm going for a solo playthrough and I need all those figurine summons! ;(

I also lost the deep pockets talent after fighting the thugs in the Valian embassy even though it remained listed in the talents section.  Until this is fixed I just won't give that talent to any of my characters.  Looking at the above postings the bug seems more random than tied to a specific combat.

Hi guys, 

We are aware of the issue with Deprive the Unworthy not properly resetting passive abilities after the effect wears off. We are currently working on a fix for this so please look forward to it in a future patch.

Thanks for you feedback.

- Refer to this thread if you are having trouble finding any information I requested http://forums.obsidi...eport-an-issue/