Question about the digital download

Hi, I'm new to the game. Just got it last Sunday and have been really enjoying it so far. I have been an RPG fan for many years and have played BG1, BG2, IWD1 and IWD2. Also played Planescape Torment and really loved it. Lately I have been playing Diablo3 and when I got bored with that I installed Dungeon Siege again  just to have something different. On Sunday I  decided to look on the PC Gamer website in hopes of finding something new and interesting and I found a gold mine with Pillars of Eternity.

Now my question is this. Was there supposed to be a players guide or manual that describes the mechanics of the game? Most of the thing are more or less intuitive to RPG vets but there are some things that I can't seem to figure out.

Like how to split stacks of potions (shift/left click doesn't do it) and how to change my chanters chants. I ended up with a horrible mess on the bars and can't figure out how to change them. Those are only two of several things I need help with. I also looked on this website but can't find a manual. 

Anyone have any ideas? Wiki doesn't tell me either.

Thanks for a great game. I look forward to enjoying many hours of fun if I can just got these questions answered.

Keep in mind that some information in the manual are outdated.

You can split stacks by double-clicking them. One not so obvious system is detecting hidden objects and traps: it's entirely dependant on Mechanics, not Perception or Stealth, as you might think.

You can split stacks by double-clicking them. One not so obvious system is detecting hidden objects and traps: it's entirely dependant on Mechanics, not Perception or Stealth, as you might think.

It should be noted that you must be in Stealth mode to detect them though, even though the Stealth skill has no bearing on your chances.