1.04 The Champion of Berath untriggered rep drop

Capaneus

Question

I killed the messenger who offered to take me to Raedric, and received a major rep drop with Gilded Vale. Strange RP-wise (maybe GV likes vampires?), but fair enough. The bug occurred when I re-entered the map (Raedric exterior) where the event happened, after killing Raedric. I received a message informing me of another major rep drop with GV, without any event to tie it to.   I have a save, if that's useful.

6 answers to this question

Let me know how to provide it to you. Just checked and it is reproducible with the save. Two details:

1. I got the green message (rep drop), but I can't be sure that it changed the value as the Character sheet text stays the same.

2. The message appeared upon returning to the first floor of the castle after going Siege platform-second floor-first floor

We have been suggesting people just use www.Dropbox.com

Savegames

Try to include a save file from right before as well as during the issue you are reporting

Windows Location: %USERPROFILE%\Saved Games\Pillars of Eternity\Saves

Mac Location: Library/Application Support/Pillars of Eternity/Saved Games

Linux Location: $Home/.local/share/PillarsOfEternity/SavedGames

I have the same issue.  I didn't kill the messenger at first and just left after I killed Raedric.  That's when I saw the major reputation lose, so I reloaded and this time after I killed Raedric I tried talking to them.  They just repeated that Raedric was waiting for me (even after he was dead).  Same rep drop again after I left.  I reloaded again and then killed the messenger after I killed Raedric (manual attack), and then had the same issue.

Here's the saved game with right after the rep went down.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/hohukpqus2hoi45/8a16510a6e02494f8edce8aa17891db3%2017194155%20RaedricsKeep.savegame?dl=0

I'm going to reload and avoid this quest for now until it is fixed.  Thanks.