Baldur's Gate in PoE's engine

Without individual stealth, or an actual sophisticated spell system?

Nop.

The engine is capable of both. :rolleyes:

I'd love to see BG/BG2 in PoE's engine, but it would be a huuuge undertaking.

Edited by Serdan
  • Like 1

The unity engine is very accessible and makes content creation fairy easy. But he Baldur's Gate series has just had a remake and I have no idea why you'd want to do it again.

The only gripe I have with the game in the AD&D ruleset , which is completely non-intuitive. But there's no chance of that ever changing.

And frankly PoE doesn't look that much better than the BG series did back in 2000. And that ran on a 300 Mhz PC.

Edited by Dee-Jay

Without individual stealth, or an actual sophisticated spell system?

Nop.

The engine is capable of both. :rolleyes:

I'd love to see BG/BG2 in PoE's engine, but it would be a huuuge undertaking.

So what, just the Unity Engine, but not actually using PoE-style rules?

... uh, why? Just graphics?

If I'm typing in red, it means I'm being sarcastic. But not this time.

Dark green, on the other hand, is for jokes and irony in general.

um, the "engine" is just the Unity engine.  anyone can build their own game using it, and for most of us, it would be free.

you want to redo BG in unity?  go for it.  In fact, in about 10 years even a single person could do it in their spare time.

• Like 1

No, because by then the current engine will be obsolete. The IE games are just as good as they ever were and modders have heroically released mods that make the games great.

If they do remake the IE games, aside from the lame EE crap, they should overhaul the mechanics to use the 5e ruleset.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

they should overhaul the mechanics to use the 5e ruleset.

Pistols at dawn.

IIRC, didn't someone redo BG in the NWN engine?  for those interested in a more graphic experience, I bet they would like that.

NWN2, but yeah. 's crazy.

• Like 1

If I'm typing in red, it means I'm being sarcastic. But not this time.

Dark green, on the other hand, is for jokes and irony in general.

I think it is more likely for Beamdog to strike a deal with Obsidian to cooperate on making Baldur's Gate III.

I hope not. Beamdog's original content in the EE was cringe worthy.

Pistols at dawn.

611_0.jpg

Edited by KaineParker
  • Like 2

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

uh, they can't.

in fact, no commercial entity trying to make a crpg has permission to do so at this point.  this is in fact, the main reason PoE is not Baldur's Gate 3.

I for one welcome diversity, and would actually wish this game to be even FURTHER from the DnD ruleset than it is.

vive la difference!

uh, they can't.

in fact, no commercial entity trying to make a crpg has permission to do so at this point.  this is in fact, the main reason PoE is not Baldur's Gate 3.

I for one welcome diversity, and would actually wish this game to be even FURTHER from the DnD ruleset than it is.

vive la difference!

I was talking about a remake of the IE games, which need to use some DnD ruleset. Given the choice between 2E and another system, I would pick 5E because 2E is bad.

There is little to nothing that could be gained by playing BG in the PoE engine.

The only major possible improvement to be made to the IE games is better graphics.

Unfortunately the original art from those games is lost, so it's not possible to do, or Beamdog would have done it.

I'd also say a better inventory management system but that seems beyond the capabilities of game designers outside of the modding community for WoW.

Edited by Valsuelm

Speaking of rebuilding IE games in different engines, you all have seen the BG2 remake in the Dragon Age engine that's being worked on, right?  I played through the Irenicus dungeon portion; wasn't half bad, though I rather doubt they'll ever finish the whole game.

"I think it is more likely for Beamdog to strike a deal with Obsidian to cooperate on making Baldur's Gate III."

Beamdog doesn't have that kind of power. They need to beg just so they can  spam their stupid 'remakes'.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.