Trying to find some other endings

So, i really wonder if it's possible for main hero to be like "to hell with the gods, i'm not siding with anyone". The first thing which seems valid to be tried is failing ALL quests of the councils of the stars, but i guess there's no way to fail quests of Berath and Galawain. Do you have any possible way to fail them in mind? Because i really hope that some new options my be unlocked in the dialogue with those two ladies at the terance to Tier Evron. Maybe it's even possible fo pray to Eothas somehow (yeah, yeah, i know: Godhammer and all that staff, but still?). 

I tried to return to his temple but nothing activates except for some purple spirit appearing and disappearing at the same moment :(

Do you have any thoughts on that? The ways to fail Berath and Galawain quests form Tier Everon, going through the pit wihout any of the god's favor?

Or maybe someone has enough skill to dig through the code and prove, that there are no other options.

You can't pray to Eothas, since he's dead. Like 100% dead - there's nothing left of him. 

His priests still get powers through their belief, as all priests do - they aren't actually getting their powers from the gods. 

There are two early endings, one for killing Lady Webb and one for jumping into the pit without any favor from a god. Other than that each god has a specific ending for betraying your promise to them. 

Well, i'm not so sure about Eothas. After all, we don't know for sure what happened to his soul after Godhammer. It could've went thorugh the whel again and whatnot. But my point is whether there's the possibility to open something new, to deny all the gods we know about (skaen/woedica, galawain, berath, hylea, wael). 

Btw - what do you man "specific ending for betraying"? If you pray to all gods, does chosing one of them means betraying all the others?

When you pray and do their quest, they ask you to promise to deal with the souls in a specific manner. If you make that promise and break it by dealing with the souls in a different manner, they get angry and you get a specific ending. 

The gods don't really have regular souls like "mortals" do, they're more like giant blobs of souls put together, so the wheel probably doesn't affect them the same way. Eothas' soul blob was completely destroyed, so there's nothing left of him to enter the wheel, even if it worked the same for the gods.

You can side with Wael, that's probably the closest it gets to not siding with anyone - that's his sales pitch, in fact. With enough Intelligence you can point out that by siding with no one you'll still be siding with him, to which he chuckles, and agrees but notes that you have to do something. You can also survive the fall without promising yourself to any of the gods, but you still do need to do their quests.

Also, you can do 3 of the appeasement quests in a flippant way, and still end on top, so there's that.

Edited by mph

Yeah, thtat's pretty much known. I wondered if there was a possibility to fail all quests so that the game will be forced either to show "you looser" or present some other way to jump through the pit safely. But it seems that there's no way to fail Berath's quest. You don't have options to refrain from killing in dialogues with the respective npcs (not in the way that fails the quest). I thought maybe killing both of them BEFORE even taking the quest would solve the issue, but one of the druids doesn't even appear on the map without the quest taken, and killing only the other one doesn't help.

I was somewhat disappointed that Berath can't be convinced/tricked like the other three. I hoped that I could convince him that the two druids, when combined, personify his "Life in death, death in life" line quite well (one protects life, one sacrifices it), and stabilize the cycle or something.

Also, one thought on topic: what if you learn how to gain a power-up from the tower machine in Act 2? Does this trick come back with the final device? I'm guessing no, but it would make sense, and would work well for "I want power!" characters.

Also, one thought on topic: what if you learn how to gain a power-up from the tower machine in Act 2? Does this trick come back with the final device? I'm guessing no, but it would make sense, and would work well for "I want power!" characters.

Well,  i remember seeing somewhere on the internet that, sadly, no: such decision in Act 2 doesn't give the respective option in the endgame. Maybe there's something else required as well, but we can be certain that taking souls for yourself on its own is not enough :(