Master below choice dragon vs Falanroed (dragonslayer)

Whodid you side with,did you free the dragon ol tell Falanroed the truth?

do you think either one will apear in expansions or sequel?

what woud consenquences be in that case?

(sorry if there is anotother topic about this, search didnt find it)

PIllars of eternty (Hard) 1st playtrough: 155h, 38 m (main Ranger with bear(bow), Eder, Durance(off tank), Hirvais(off tank), Kana(ranged), Aloth/GM)
PIllars of eternty (PtoD) 2nd playtrough: 88h 30 m (main Bleak Walker Paladin, Eder, Barbarian, Monk, Rogue (ranged) Cypher(wand)
(not counting reloads and experimenting)
status i love the game, hate the bugs, and wish for better AI and Pathfinding

http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/78749-needed-qualyty-of-life-improvements-information-and-transparency/

I sided with the dragon initially, and I do hope that she returns in the future as a possible quest giver or as a quest resolver. Example: you face some really powerful dragon, and if you killed or never encountered the master below, you have to kill said powerful dragon. However, if you sided with the master below, she comes to you helps you solve the situation without violence. 

I sided with dragon because this both reoslves the problem with Caed Nua and gives you a very powerful and knowledgeble ally. From my RP point of view it's really nice to have such a mighty creature on your side. Though i do understand people who might think otherwise :)

i first choose the dragon, and finally decided to slay it without even speaking to Falanroed. i guess i should have spoken to Falanroed before killing the dragon, did i miss something important ?

when i first saw this shiny dragon, what i really saw was a piece of armor with some legs, i'm addiced to good gear :yes:

• Like 2

You can get Scale Breaker ability if you first side with, then betray the dragon. It's 1 more useless ability icon to look at, so you didn't miss a thing. Note that killing the dragon is the only means of upgrading 2 armors to superb. Same goes for the sky dragon and weapons. This means that there is absolutely no reward in letting the dragon go. A good solution would have been to let it go and there'd be a lootable, soulless body. It'd even make sense. The dragon transfers its soul and leaves the body behind.

• Like 9

True, there's no immediate reward, but I think it's possible we'll meet the dragon again in an expansion/sequel, which will be reward enough for me even without material profits (but we might get those too).

I freed her because it fit my character. Like someone said above, it's killing two brids with one stone: solving Caed Nua problem and potentially gaining a powerful ally. I'm not entirely comfortable with destroying the dragon hunter, but oh well, I had to kill someone either way and I have more respect for dragons. I mean, I know she's responsible for many deaths, but don't you feel a tinge of regret at killing such an ancient, majestic creature?

True, there's no immediate reward, but I think it's possible we'll meet the dragon again in an expansion/sequel, which will be reward enough for me even without material profits (but we might get those too).

I freed her because it fit my character. Like someone said above, it's killing two brids with one stone: solving Caed Nua problem and potentially gaining a powerful ally. I'm not entirely comfortable with destroying the dragon hunter, but oh well, I had to kill someone either way and I have more respect for dragons. I mean, I know she's responsible for many deaths, but don't you feel a tinge of regret at killing such an ancient, majestic creature?

Oh don't worry, I also felt regret when I used its scales to upgrade my armor and its accumulated loot to pimp my party up  :devil: . 

It's the same with the dragons in Inquisition. Such beautifully animated creatures, such ancient majesty... such phat lewt. And in that game, you actually wear the dragon's hides and fashion its bones into the best weapons in the game. Sorry not sorry.

• Like 2

somewhereon the forums/web i remember i read about people finding her souless body (andbeing able to force attack it) but ithink it was from a bug report

but the point was there was a written dialogueabout her body being a soulles huk so it must be a cut contnt atleast

PIllars of eternty (Hard) 1st playtrough: 155h, 38 m (main Ranger with bear(bow), Eder, Durance(off tank), Hirvais(off tank), Kana(ranged), Aloth/GM)
PIllars of eternty (PtoD) 2nd playtrough: 88h 30 m (main Bleak Walker Paladin, Eder, Barbarian, Monk, Rogue (ranged) Cypher(wand)

http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/78749-needed-qualyty-of-life-improvements-information-and-transparency/

Well, I killed her because I wanted to get as many achievements as possible on the first playthrough (including slaying all dragons, which didn't trigger :| ).

...and I would do it again. Too much Shadowrun. Never, ever cut a deal with a dragon. Besides, unleashing a beast, accustomed to feasting on souls, upon unsuspecting world perturbed me the wrong way.  :yes:

• Like 3

I did the fight for fun, but didn't save. It's a hard fight if you don't cheese it, and the dragon is definitely not an opponent to be taken lightly. In character, I was afraid of it. Definitely much safer for the Watcher to strike a deal than risk a high chance of death on some sidequest before stopping Thaos :)

Also its just cool to release this ancient being out into the world to explore it.

As a great admirer of Robin Hobb, i could't bring myself to kill the dragons. For better or worse, the world needs dragons.

In case anyone missed that devilishly subtle hint.  I urge you to read her books!

Build a man a fire, and he will be warm for a day...

Set a man on fire and he will be warm the rest of his life...

"I freed her because it fit my character. Like someone said above, it's killing two brids with one stone: solving Caed Nua problem and potentially gaining a powerful ally. I'm not entirely comfortable with destroying the dragon hunter, but oh well, I had to kill someone either way and I have more respect for dragons. I mean, I know she's responsible for many deaths, but don't you feel a tinge of regret at killing such an ancient, majestic creature?"

Respect for a mass murderinge vil sucmbag? Dragon or no. It needs to suffer. I did think about letting her go but when tells me I need to destroy  someone I haven't even met it makes my choice easy - side with the creature I know enjoys killing and wants me to target someone I've never met or with some innocent person whose only 'crime' is killing dragons when all I've seen from dragons is that they are hostile mass murdering scumbags. Doesn't matter how 'beautiful' or 'majestic' they are.

• Like 7

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Has anybody tried killing Falanroed after she's been possessed by the dragon?  That'd be the ultimate cheese for the dragon fight... although I think it may be impossible as she's scripted to walk off screen and disappear. 

I mean, I know she's responsible for many deaths, but don't you feel a tinge of regret at killing such an ancient, majestic creature?

It kills a lot of people, what's to regret about ending it ?

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

• 2 weeks later...

There is no dead/soulles body if you release the dragon, but there is a soulles (but fully combat capable) dragon if you betray it? bug or feature

If you betray the dragon, the amulet shatters and her soul returns to her body. I would have let her go if it did not require a human sacrifice or at least if the dragon slayer was obviously a bad person, but as it stands, helping her take over someone's body is too evil for me.

If you betray the dragon, the amulet shatters and her soul returns to her body.

but if you talk to her it says that  the body is soulles

Has anybody tried killing Falanroed after she's been possessed by the dragon?  That'd be the ultimate cheese for the dragon fight... although I think it may be impossible as she's scripted to walk off screen and disappear. 

It isn't possible, a forced conversation happens if the dragon takes over and when the conversation ends there is a forced segway as the dragon walks off.  So you never get a chance to initiate combat.

If you betray the dragon, the amulet shatters and her soul returns to her body.

but if you talk to her it says that  the body is soulles

If you take the amulet, get the dragon soul in it, but then don't go through with the plan the amulet shatters.  This frees the dragons soul but if you head back you arrive before the dragon has found it's way back into it's body.  So it is "soulless" but only because it's soul hasn't arrived yet.  The dragon also has a slight debuff and is a little weaker in this state... go fig.  Additionally scale breaker is great for killing dragons.

I sided with the dragon initially, and I do hope that she returns in the future as a possible quest giver or as a quest resolver. Example: you face some really powerful dragon, and if you killed or never encountered the master below, you have to kill said powerful dragon. However, if you sided with the master below, she comes to you helps you solve the situation without violence. 

WHATS THE POINT of siding with a dragon if she helps you solving situations WITHOUT violence ?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Loved the idea some pointed out about having the Dragon Hunter (with or without the Dragon's soul) return in a expansion as a companion or quest giver. Amazing idea!

i will just keep 2 save games...one siding with the dragon and one that I don't.

I ended up killing the dragon in both my previous playthroughs, but I did regret it. She's not just a grand and ancient creature, she has combined experiences from all the souls of the people who've died in the Endless Paths. I think next time I might side with her.