Easter Eggs (and other secrets?)

I've read all memorial stones and NPC stories. Doesn't mean I remember them all :p

Didn't bother with item descriptions though...

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

Somebody must have really have a thing for burial islands. Another one was also prominently featured in the first Icewind Dale expansion, Heart of Winter. Both times it is there that you figure out that somebody is not quite what he pretends to be.

Heart of Winter also introduced Heart of Fury, an advanced difficulty setting. In Pillars of Eternity it's reincarnated as a Barbarian skill.

The shady tanner in Dyrford is likely a callback to his equally shady counterpart in Baldur's Gate 2, who is responsible for one of the most memorable sidequests in that game.

The fantastic "It's possible. I kill a lot of people." line is, of course, borrowed from The Princess Bride.

• Like 1

If you kill Danna during your encounter with her in the Goose and Fox in Copperlane during the side quest "At All Costs", you will later be attacked by her betrothed, one of the members of House Doemenel. Before battle is joined he says (if memory serves), "You killed my love." You have the option of saying, and I did, "It's possible. I kill a lot of people."

This is a reference to Westley/The Dread Pirate Roberts in Princess Bride replying to an accusation by Princess Buttercup that he killed the man she loves.

• Like 1

• 8 months later...

Easter Eggs

- Dyford, Dracogen Inn, painting: shows Will Wheaton & Felicia Day in "romantic pose", reference to "The Guild"

also if you look at the picture by the stairs it is the ''Knights of Good'' emblem, as in the actual guild from ''The Guild''

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I am not sure if easter egg, but now I am reading Tad Williams books (Memory, Sorrow and Thorn) and I think, that Sagani and her wolf is based on character from the book - small troll Binabik and his wolf :)

1. Both characters are small.

2. Both have wolves.

3. Both comes from northern/winter countries.

Anybody else who read the books and noticed this? :)

• 1 month later...

Well, I am not sure if easter egg, but now I am reading Tad Williams books (Memory, Sorrow and Thorn) and I think, that Sagani and her wolf is based on character from the book - small troll Binabik and his wolf :)

1. Both characters are small.

2. Both have wolves.

3. Both comes from northern/winter countries.

Anybody else who read the books and noticed this? :)

Well, Itumaak is a polar fox!

A part of the (battle-specific) soundtrack is named after chanters' chants. Or the other way around.

Some of the ones in the OP seem a bit far-fetched, I'm ashamed to admit I didn't notice the CRPG abbreviation until someone pointed it out. :facepalm:

One of the Gravestones is a reference to the british game developer Mike Sinclair who died in 2012.

Singleton, innit? Speaking of gravestones, there were some funny references to e.g. Star Control 2 and Russian folklore - a kind of lich - type wizard.

There's a gold nameplate NPC by the name of Reirnu Halxijrei in Dyrford. Now, replace "rn" with "m", and "lxij" with "ku" and you get Reimu Hakurei instead. And so, the npc soul description is shown in a new light. Whoever put her in the game, jolly good show! Ganbatte! :)

I doubt it.  Rangers were not originally intended to have pets.  They were only added after fan outcry.  Sagani's character design was shown sans-Itumaak in the kickstarter campaign.

Actually rangers have had animal companion from the first time Obsidian actually defined the class.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/obsidian/project-eternity/posts/732064

Before that update only thing they have told about rangers (at least in KS updates) is that rangers are most likely better in ranged combat than fighters.

Picture they use for Sagani was first shown in KS update #3, where they explained basic concepts for the things they had planned. That picture most likely lead creation of Sagani as companion as people liked very non traditional fantasy style of dwarf (they didn't yet even had boreal dwarf locked as subrace) from boreal region of the world (that didn't yet have name). 

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/obsidian/project-eternity/posts/310512 

Although I think you are right that Sagani's character isn't based on Binabik and his wolf