Easter Eggs (and other secrets?)

As the title suggests I would like to collect those things that cannot be found in your genuine walkthrough.

Easter Eggs

- Giant Miniature Space Piglet: Reference to hamster Boo from BG+BG2

- "You must gather your party before venturing forth" on area transition: Same as in BG+BG2

- Gilded Vale, Black Hound, glass-window: Reference to BG3

- Gilded Vale, Quest to collect shipment for the Smith: Once you find the shipment, one of the crates is labled "TSR" (original publisher of D&D)

- Stronghold + the fact that you are a Watcher: Reference to "The Watcher's Keep" from BG2ToB

- Defiance Bay, Copperlane, Expedition Hall: Expeditions are funded by people betting on them, but many of them fail. Reference to Kickstarter

- Defiance Bay, Ondras Gift, Salty Mast: membership ring for the "Club of Refined and Prestigious Gentlemen" reads CRPG

- Dyford, Dracogen Inn, painting: shows Will Wheaton & Felicia Day in "romantic pose", reference to "The Guild"

- Dyford, Dracogen Inn, painting next to the previous one: shows Great Khan, reference to Fallout NV

Secrets quests, riddles etc.

- Caravan Camp: you can slaughter the entire camp as opposed to get water for them and get the appropriate quest

- Defiance Bay, Ondras Gift, night time: in an ally on the right Curnd is selling gemstones

- Dyford Village, Temple of Berath: Killing Harbinger Beodmar will grant you a vision revealing the location of the Engwithan ruin to the north

- Od Nua Lvl 3, Statue with missing sabre: the sabre can be found a level below. Once put onto the statue a secret door opens

Would be great to hear what else you guys discovered. :)

Edited by mungomunk
  • Like 10

-There are (I believe) two "early endings" in the game. One if you kill Lady Webb and one if you jump down the pit in the end-game without having a god's favor.

-Maybe not a "secret" per say but you can hear Pallegina sing in the game... Kana is not impressed.

-More kickstarter related by the Club of Refined and Prestigious Gentlemen is the RPG Codex location. Vincent Dweiller is a long-term user/former moderator there (and now developing an excellent game called Age of Decadence) and Jaesun is a moderator.

I think if you don't have CRPG ring, you'll get attacked by them (haven't tried myself but saw a post about it somewhere).

Excellent topic.

Edited by Starwars

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

Secrets quests, riddles etc.

- Caravan Camp: you can slaughter the entire camp as opposed to get water for them and get the appropriate quest

You also get a great update of the quest, about how killing them all will help you much more than sipping some tea.

On that note - afterwards you can boast to Calisca's sister about how you killed them. And end up killing her in the process.

Similar for the cook from black hound inn - can kill him and then boast about it to tavern owner. Doesn't end well for everyone on the floor.

Edited by Veevoir
  • Like 1

Not really a secret either but maybe something people might miss:

-Once you learn Engwithan from the woman in Heritage Hill (as part of the main quest), you will be able to speak to the Fampyr guy on... what, level 8 or something in the Endless Paths. You will also be able to read the runes in Cliaban Rilag.

• Like 1

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

There is a joke Pistol called The Disappointer in the Encampment map (the first map), hidden in one of the tents at the abandoned camp. Funny description :)

If you don't get it there, it shows up later... in Adra Dragon's cave. The joke works better there, I think :p

I suppose the orlan baby ending is kind-of a secret, too. Perhaps kidnapping babies is the pantaloons of PoE... So, baby armor in PoE 3?

Edited by mph

I think that Wil Wheaton painting would count as an easter egg (humorous), even tho I have no idea what the joke actually is. I also don't know where it's located...there was just a thread about it a bit ago, that I saw.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I think that Wil Wheaton painting would count as an easter egg (humorous), even tho I have no idea what the joke actually is. I also don't know where it's located...there was just a thread about it a bit ago, that I saw.

see the first post :)

There's a side quest named Ferry Flotsam. Obvious reference to the Witcher 2.

Out of curiosity, what exactly does it reference?

Well your starting town in Witcher 2 is Flotsam and it's a river port...

Edited by Evange

There is a joke Pistol called The Disappointer in the Encampment map (the first map), hidden in one of the tents at the abandoned camp. Funny description :)

If you don't get it there, it shows up later... in Adra Dragon's cave. The joke works better there, I think :p

I suppose the orlan baby ending is kind-of a secret, too. Perhaps kidnapping babies is the pantaloons of PoE... So, baby armor in PoE 3?

Maybe you can put the kid into the pet slot?

Can't say I've been taking notes 0_o

- Defiance Bay, Ondras Gift, Salty Mast: membership ring for the "Club of Refined and Prestigious Gentlemen" reads CRPG

That's cause it's the RPGCodex place, the book there references many users as do the weapons in the store.

- Defiance Bay, Ondras Gift, night time: in an ally on the right Curnd is selling gemstones

Not quite a secret since you get a note about it on some bandits early on. No idea what happens without the code-word though.

(I was dissapointed after finding him he offered nothing good at all :()

Dyford Village, Temple of Berath: Killing Harbinger Beodmar will grant you a vision revealing the location of the Engwithan ruin to the north

Not much a secret either as it's simply a mechanism to not make the story get stuck at that point.

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

One of the Gravestones is a reference to the british game developer Mike Sinclair who died in 2012.

I'm unsure if he's a big name in the US but it was a nice easter egg to find amidst all the backer messages.

-After you kill one of the adventuring parties (I think in the quest that leads you to the bridge leading into Defiance Bay, not the broken one), their ghosts show up at the Goose & Fox Inn. :)

-And on the topic of gravestones, there is a RIP peace message to one of the RPGCodex moderators who passed away earlier this year (I think it was, or late 2014). Nice gesture from Obsidian.

Edited by Starwars

-After you kill one of the adventuring parties (I think in the quest that leads you to the bridge leading into Defiance Bay, not the broken one), their ghosts show up at the Goose & Fox Inn. :)

Ahhh thanks. Now  I finally know what those ghosts are doing in the Inn and where they came from.

Can't say I've been taking notes 0_o

That's cause it's the RPGCodex place, the book there references many users as do the weapons in the store.

Out of all the backer content stuff, I think the Inns were the only thing to hit the mark. The NPC:s, the memorials, the items, all of it is either terrible or jarring, or both.

Also, I lol'd at the fact that the RPGCodex made a whore-house. Is there a list of what inn "belongs" to who (or what), somewhere?

• Like 3

t50aJUd.jpg

Don't know about the items... infact I don't even know what are backer items... unless I do a search for 'backer' through my savegame's MobileObjects.save.

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

- Dyford Village, Temple of Berath: Killing Harbinger Beodmar will grant you a vision revealing the location of the Engwithan ruin to the north

The vision when you kill the priest is necessary to finish the game, because you can't finish it if you don't go to the ruins. The priests tell you where to go.

If you talk to the bard in Dracogen Inn, he will tell a tale about a wizard's quarterstaff being lost in costruction of the inn.

If you talk to the bard in Dracogen Inn, he will tell a tale about a wizard's quarterstaff being lost in costruction of the inn.

But can you actually find that quarterstaff?

2nd floor - Bottom right room in Scouting required floorboard if I remember correctly