Least Liked Companions

Name your least liked companion?  

498 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your least liked companion?

• Aloth
    • Eder
    • Durance
    • Kana Rua
    • Sagani
    • Pallegina
    • Hiravias
    • Grieving Mother

Sagani can be an extremely reliable and consistent damage dealer. Certainly better than Pallegina's godawful stat spread + Paladinness.

I haven't played everyone's quests all the way through. I think nobody's really dislikable but nobody really stands out as amazing, either. There are moments - Eder has a few great lines, Durance is far too convolutedly written (what the hell are you saying man?) but has a fantastic story - but there's a lot of untapped potential, e.g. Alroth let down by poor writing.

I chose the Grieving Mother. She stood out as being too weird in a way... too Torment-y. The Birthing Bell came across very strange, initially. It became more mundane later on, but in the first conversations, it left a distinct feeling of "Huh, what?"

Also, she suffers from overdone mysteriousness and "I want to play an NPC!"-syndrome. (Really, being able to turn myself into a walking Somebody-Else's-Problem-Field should come in handy now and then, shouldn't it?)

Durance... his back story was just too interesting. Really, you blew up a god?! Even if I didn't mind at all getting his "bad" ending. :D

Edited by Varana
  • Like 1

Therefore I have sailed the seas and come

To the holy city of Byzantium. -W.B. Yeats

Χριστός ἀνέστη!

Sagani can be an extremely reliable and consistent damage dealer. Certainly better than Pallegina's godawful stat spread + Paladinness.

I rather have a paladin with a godawful statspread that still functions well as a awesome tank than a mediocre damage dealer with a crappy pet to manage.

On topic, I don't hate any of the companions. Surprising the companions actually have a lot to say in this game and all of their story fit well into the plot even though they have no tides to the critical story path (other than Aloth and his connection to a "certain" group.).  

Edited by bonarbill

I rather have a paladin with a godawful statspread that still functions well as a awesome tank than a mediocre damage dealer with a crappy pet to manage.

For me Itumaak alone was making up for everything Sagani might've been lacking as a party member. Great for offtanking, bodyblocking, sacrificial pulling, trap triggering, biting Eder. An all-round polar fox awesomeness.

• Like 1

Like some others, I feel that Pallegina feels ...  out of place compared to the other CNPC:s.

Isn't that exactly what Pallegina is supposed to seem like?

To a point, maybe, but I'm not just referring to the fact that she's an Avianlike. It's more about how she's introduced, presented and so on, and it just sorta adds up.

t50aJUd.jpg

Really a question if gameplaywise or storywise.

Gameplay wise I dumped Aloth rather fast and never looked back. All foes like shades just swarmed him and he was pathetic in doing anything useful.

Storywise Durance is with no competition in a near distance the winner. That "talk to me next rest" mechanism is made in hell I swear. I still probably haven't heard 25% of what he can say...

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

Durance, well-written but clearly has annoy personality.

He's  arrogant, cruel, lack of sympathy. And even when the first time the player met him, he said he's destiny ask him to meet him there, talked like they're gonna do something big together, but turns out he didn't play a big part of the main story line, it's totally ok to go on story without him.

I mean, like Eder, who grew up in Glide vale and wanted to ask the old watcher a question for his brother, Sagani is searching for the reincarnated elder of her tribe and a cipher told her to wait there, they all have a strong motive and their encounters fit the story. 

Durance had what, destiny asked him to wait there? Meant to be there? But isn't his problem started from his god refuse to talk to him? Then how the hell did he know The Watcher is going to be there?

And why should the player should keep dig in his story while suffering his bad temper, while he complain about you ask too many questions?

He did torture Grieving Mother and a lot of innocent people for his prejudice about hollowborn.

The godhammer story is cool and all, but I still think that they could find another way to put Durance into the journey of The Watcher, and a motive to dig into his story with Magran, not came from nowhere like that.

• Like 2

I've not taken the Druid guy yet with the stupid-to-spell name, and I've limited experience with Grieving Mother. Having said that, Grieving Mother.

From what I could discern of her personality, she and I are absolutely not on the same page. I took the confrontational dialog choices every time. Having said that though, she as a character is still well-written and thought provoking, so that I like, it's merely this is not a person I would get along with on a realistic basis. She and Durance both come across as bat **** insane and neither is a person I'd feel comfortable around, but whereas Durance at least makes sense with what he preaches (for the most part), Grieving Mother seems to absolutely cross the line.

"The Courier was the worst of all of them. The worst by far. When he died the first time, he must have met the devil, and then killed him."

Is your mom hot? It may explain why guys were following her ?

Hmmm I didn't full on hate any character and wanted them perma removed.

Edar and Durance I liked the most

Kana I liked his character but seriously I wanted to shut him up every ecounter plays that combat chant sound.

Sagani was ok, pretty standard character dialog but still was interesting enough to keep her till the end of my first playthrough

Aloth, worth keeping combatwise but character dialog is hugly amusing especially with edar

Grieving mother: voted her because she was constantly moping and couldnt get over herself, Felt sympathy at the start but by the end I really wanted her to give it a rest with the babies and move on.

Pallegina; about to take into party in my 2nd playthrough, my guess is this character reminds me of Jaheria from baldurs gate.

Hiriavias; same deal but I think its going to be a really poor version of Jansen, I am not overly fond of druids but want to see whats up with him.

Durance is decently written (for an exposition dumpster) and memorable, but entirely unlikable. His main character trait is that he's horrible. He's not someone I would ever consider bringing along, but I think the developers must have known this because the most diabolical aspect of the character is that unlike other characters in the game, you have to bring him along all the damn time in order to finish his personal quest -- which spans the ENTIRE length of the game. Don't like this totally unlikable character? Too bad!

Ugh!

• Like 1

I like the all the characters and I don't have any beefs on how they are written or voiced. I voted Durance because he draw shortest straw because I am not found of how mechanics behind his personal quest work and as personality wise he is quite dislikeable jerk.

Durance.  He may be well-written, but I'll never know since I wanted to murder him five minutes in.

Not surprising he holds the #1 spot, makes me want to roll a better priest (which isnt hard) as his replacement. Cant stand the F&@^#r

I like the votes for Kana.

"Yo, screw that guy, talking about peaceful resolutions and trade and ****. I hate guys like that, just let us blow each other up."

• Like 1

"The Courier was the worst of all of them. The worst by far. When he died the first time, he must have met the devil, and then killed him."

Is your mom hot? It may explain why guys were following her ?

I like Durance more than any other character. I even like him more than any IE character. Didn't like his ending so much but even with that he's a 10/10.

Voted Sagani for least likeable. Left her husband/kids for 5 years and ended up leaving them again at the end for no good reason.

• Like 3

Gameplay wise I dumped Aloth rather fast and never looked back. All foes like shades just swarmed him and he was pathetic in doing anything useful.

So because he can't tank at level 2 you concluded he's a weak character? Your loss man.

I've already tried out all companions except Grieving, as well as a Cipher PC and a custom Rogue and Barbarian adventurer. So far, not a single one of them managed to beat Aloth in terms of total damage done per day (though the Cipher comes close). Yes he's no dedicated tank, but he's a powerful damage and CC nuker.

And once the party reaches medium levels, he doesn't have to be afraid of Shades anymore, either - because between self-buffs, buffs from other party members, and Endurance-leeching spells, he can sort-of-tank if he needs to.

Edited by Ineth

"Some ideas are so stupid that only an intellectual could believe them." -- attributed to George Orwell

I've only really tried out Aloth and Durance for more than a few minutes, as none of the NPCs really appealed to me. Durance, being a religious fanatic and lunatic, was certainly the most interesting out of those two, even though I despised him. Aloth was a pretty boring character and a wizard which is, for someone coming the BG series, a pretty disappointing class. So my vote goes to Aloth.

So because he can't tank at level 2 you concluded he's a weak character? Your loss man.

I've already tried out all companions except Grieving, as well as a Cipher PC and a custom Rogue and Barbarian adventurer. So far, not a single one of them managed to beat Aloth in terms of total damage done per day (though the Cipher comes close). Yes he's no dedicated tank, but he's a powerful damage and CC nuker.

And once the party reaches medium levels, he doesn't have to be afraid of Shades anymore, either - because between self-buffs, buffs from other party members, and Endurance-leeching spells, he can sort-of-tank if he needs to.

It's true. Aloth is the Dyrwood's #1 Most Wanted. Every enemy in the game has a SERIOUS grudge against him, and they will focus fire the **** out of him if you don't carefully position him at all times. It doesn't help that Aloth's starting spells are short range, but proper spell selection later is a must.

The worst offense I think they could have possibly made in the design of Act I was to fill the Keep with incorporeal undead. Despite their low level, their defenses are super high, and the Shadow teleport combined with the Phantom's on-hit stun makes a party full of non-optimal heroes pretty dead pretty quickly. I'm playing on Path of the Damned and you just have to abuse the hell out of kiting in order to win those fights, and the one in the Main Hall (where you can't kite) is a no holds barred blast-a-thon. Spray and pray and reload til it works. I'd say it's easily the hardest fight in the first act, and it just makes you feel like your NPC party members are totally **** when they're really not that bad under non-ridiculous circumstances.

And because he had that 2x spellthing to do damage, which was oddly shortrange... and after those were cast, he was useless all around IMO. Didn't help all lvl 2 and 3 spells seemed AoE All.

So I didn't really had to choose much which companion to kick out first.

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee