So the next kickstarter is...

103 members have voted

1. 1. Obsidian's kickstarter - whats your pick?

• Science Fiction
    • More Pillars
    • Post Apocalypse
    • Western
    • Steampunk
    • Vampire Fiction
    • Spy Thriller
    • Other

So Pillars has launched and done well - huzzah! Well done Obsidian

So anyone else considering what the next kickstarter will be about and when it will occur?

My idle speculation is that the unnamed rpg in the works is maybe the next kickstarter, but what is the game about?

What genre do you think it will be?

My pick is science fiction because there are not enough of them.

• Like 1

More expansions for pillar first,THX:)

Her mind is Tiffany-twisted, She got the Mercedes Benz

She's got a lot of pretty, pretty boys, that she calls friends

How they dance in the courtyard, sweet summer sweat.

Some dance to remember, some dance to forget

No idea what it will be, but I'm personally only interested in classic medieval fantasy or decent sci-fi RPGs. And even though Pillars to me is not the perfect game it seems to be to some, I'll happily back a POE2 game if they go that way.

Do we even know that there's going to be a next Kickstarter?

No, but why wouldn't there be? After taxes, publisher cuts, and other costs, I'm not sure if Obsidian earned enough money to fully finance their next game, but even if they did, Kickstarter is a great way to gain additional funding. With the stellar reviews Pillars is getting from players and journalists both, this new campaign certainly wouldn't suffer from lack of interest.

sci-fi but instead of a stronghold I would love to have a ship upgrading mechanics. And optional ship to ship dogfights so you can actually use your ship and its' upgrades.

It will be great to have a game which is an hybrid of star control and a 2D kotor and not only a kotor...

And I think this poll should have let you chose multiply options ,many of us would back more than one type of game.

Edited by barakav
  • Like 1

troll.gifseatroll.gificetroll.giftroll.gif

An ex-biophysicist but currently Studying Schwarzschild singularities' black holes' Hawking radiation using LAZORS and hypersonic sound wave models.

My main objective is to use my results to take over the world!

A remake of Lionheart. What people have truly wanted all these years, is to experience Lionheart: Legacy of the Crusader with modern graphics. Nothing else would be changed, just the graphics. This would be the most succesful kickstarter of all time.

After that, they can probably afford one of the most respected IPs in the industry - Bubsy! Bubsy RPG. Super Mario RPG couldn't compete.

Post apocalyptic Sci-Fi Western Steampunk Vampire Spy Thriller set in the future of the PoE setting. RTwP or FP with heavy stealth mechanics, designed by Chris Avellone during an acid trip.

• Like 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands