Console commands not working

NoQuitt

Question

I cannot enter a console command. I can open up the console with ~ and type whatever I want in there, but after pressing enter again to input the command nothing happens. 

I type "iroll20s" and hit Enter... nothing... iroll20s is still there. It's as if the Enter key stops working when the console is up. 

I have searched everywhere to see if someone had a similar issue - nothing. I watched a Youtube video of someone inputting the command to see if I am doing something wrong... nope. Is it not the Enter key that inputs the command?

My silent rage increases with each failed attempt. I feel like there is a very high chance I am missing something very obvious. All I want to do is change my companions' level1 abilities (Bears Fortitude Durance plz....)

Someone shed some light please. I will add that when I am typing in the command my hotkeys are still functioning. So when I type 2 in iroll20s it switches to my #2 character on the toolbar. I am pretty sure it has something to do with this because it wasn't happening to the person in the youtube video. 

14 answers to this question

I figured out what the problem is, at least for me. It was the version of IE Mod that was causing it. I didn't think it would... but apparently it was. So the IE Mod authors fixed it and put out a new version and that version doesn't have the problem.

So if you have IE Mod installed, make sure to update to the latest version. Track the mod on the page of it at the Nexus, so you will get notifications at the top of the website when updates come out.

Edited by Ram
  • Like 2

here are instructions for console commands:

Pillars of Eternity: Console Commands

hope it helps

also about the party switching, happens to me to. As I type "iroll20s", it switches to 2nd character and then says "0" character does not exist. However that does not affect the console commands which still works

maybe try it in fullscreen instead of windowed or vice versa

The Unofficial Pillars of Eternity Wiki - Community/Fan Maintained!

No commands work for me either. I've tried a bunch going down the list in that link. None work, at all. Not sure what's up with that. Also the game forces fullscreen on me, and won't let me turn it off either. I don't know if it's related to the same cause or not.

Well, guess I'm uninstalling again and not applying 1.03 then. Will rock the world with guns and Sure Handed Ila, and experiment with console commands freely.

If my post hasn't been edited yet, I'm still looking to find the error I made typing it.

actually, you shouldn't be thanking gog.  they just slow crap down with their inane in house "testing" procedures, which actually tend to break already functional patches more often than not, and then THEY have to go and try and fix their mistakes, on top of whatever issues there are with any base patch the developer sent.

it's a really, really bad system.

I'm tired of all o them.  steam and gog.  I've decided to start only supporting developers that control the distrubtion of patches internally.

obsidian isn't getting another penny of my money until they start doing it this way.  I know it can still be done, there are in fact devs that still do this.

I "thanked" GoG because of the possibility to go back to a previous patch version by keeping the installers.

As I know on Steam you don't have this option and so I wouldn't have any chance to use the console right now.

actually, you shouldn't be thanking gog.  they just slow crap down with their inane in house "testing" procedures, which actually tend to break already functional patches more often than not, and then THEY have to go and try and fix their mistakes, on top of whatever issues there are with any base patch the developer sent.

I'm tired of all o them.  steam and gog.  I've decided to start only supporting developers that control the distrubtion of patches internally.

obsidian isn't getting another penny of my money until they start doing it this way.  I know it can still be done, there are in fact devs that still do this.

No offense, but I really really hope Obsidian never does something like this. I remember the old days when all developers did just what you are suggesting and it was a huge pain in the rear to keep up with everything. Steam makes the process of updating your games so much simpler. The only complaint I have with Steam is the fact that you can't roll back a non-working patch. Aside from that, simpler is better.

No offense, but I really really hope Obsidian never does something like this. I remember the old days when all developers did just what you are suggesting and it was a huge pain in the rear to keep up with everything. Steam makes the process of updating your games so much simpler. The only complaint I have with Steam is the fact that you can't roll back a non-working patch. Aside from that, simpler is better.

There is a way to roll back a patch on Steam actually. I use to use it on Windows to do it, before I switched to Linux. I don't really actively use Steam anymore so I don't do it on Linux now but it can be done on any operating system. All you do is use their cloud service. If you erased your upload before the new patch came out, and then uploaded again to their cloud service, if you do their "Verify Integrity" or something like that at the bottom of the right click menu on the game in the list on Steam, and follow the prompts, it will replace your entire install of the game to what you saved it as on the cloud. There is another way too, but it's much more complicated - you'd have to delve into the steam API files - they keep a tred of it in the file.

I "thanked" GoG because of the possibility to go back to a previous patch version by keeping the installers.

As I know on Steam you don't have this option and so I wouldn't have any chance to use the console right now.

true.  steam is indeed even worse.

Steam makes the process of updating your games so much simpler

LOL so much more broken.

it's sad people are so incapable they no longer are even able to just click on a link from a developer site.

sorry, but frankly, I don't care about your inability to click on a link.

if steam is catering to your sort, that's another reason it is ending up so terribly.

Edited by Ichthyic