Question about health points calculation

Simple question: How exactly do the health points get calculated?

Take my Eder (level 3) as example:

Endurance:  (42 + 14 * 2) * 1.18 = 82.6 (gets rounded to 83 in game - everything fine)

So health should be like: 82.6 * 5 * 1.18 = 487.34 ~= 487 (but in game it's only 414)

How does it come his health is lower than manually calculated?

Constitution states to give +18% to endurance AND health. Is this a mistake and the bonus effects only endurace

which will (of course) have also an effect on health? (If this is the case, I find the description a bit confusing.)

But even if there is no +18% bonus on health, it should be: 82.6 * 5 = 413 or with rounded values 83 * 5 = 415.

So, where does 414 health come from?

-- edit:

Okay, maybe the constitution bonuses are added after the endurance -> health calculation is made!? BUT even

then is would be not differ from the 82.6 * 5  calculation and his health should be 413. I know, this would mean

that there is only an one point difference. But why? And is this last assumption about calculation right?

-- edit2:

Similiar problem with Durance! (Aloth and my PC are fine.)

For Durance there is also a false calculation on endurance:

Durance's (lvl 3) endurance should be: (36 + 12 * 2) * 1.09 = 65.4 ~= 65 (but it's 66!)

Then again for health: (taking that the calculation is made from the base value without +9% on endurance)

(36 + 12 * 2) * 3 * 1.09 = 196.2 ~= 196 (but it's 197!)

Edited by remiz

-- edit:

Okay, maybe the constitution bonuses are added after the endurance -> health calculation is made!? BUT even

then is would be not differ from the 82.6 * 5  calculation and his health should be 413. I know, this would mean

that there is only an one point difference. But why? And is this last assumption about calculation right?

When the observed value of a formula where rounding takes place is 1-off of the predicted value, the cause is almost always going to be a rounding error.

My guess is that something like this is happening (using Eder as an example):

Endurance = Base (42) * ConMod (1.18) + PerLevel (14) * ConMod (1.18) * Levels (2) = 49.56 + 16.52 * 2 = 49.56 + 33.04 = 82.6 -> rounded to 83

Health = Base (42) * ConMod (1.18) * ClassMultiplier (5) + PerLevel (14) * ConMod (1.18) * ClassMultiplier (5) * Levels (2)

= 49.56 * 5 + 16.52 * 5 * 2 = 247.8 + 83 * 2 = 247.8 + 166 = 413.8 -> rounded to 414

The 83 is the source of the problem (assuming my theory is correct)...it should be 82.6 but has been rounded up when it should not have been.

Edited by Emptiness

Health doesn't double-dip on Constitution. Health is always (excepting that bug someone mentioned) equal to Endurance multiplied by the class factor (3, 4, 5, or 6). Constitution just increases both by a percentage.

As for things being one off... in this case, that's probably not something to worry about. Rounding error that doesn't really affect the game - there are probably far worse math bugs to worry about haha. :p

Okay, thank you all. Just thought a rounding error would be strange and thats why there must be something other behind this offset.

But yes, I mean on Durance the rounding error is clearly obviously: 65.4 -> 66. Of course I don't have a problem with this, but just wondered why.